The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richard V, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo Screenwriter

2. Susan Nunes_329977

Susan Nunes_329977 Stunt Coordinator

Susan Nunes
    I know this is an old thread, but I have a question for those who are knowledgeable about this series. I have been DVR-ing this show and watching it on playback. I noticed that about the third or fourth season of this series, the producers did away with the Ken Darby Singers humming or singing the entire musical soundtrack for each episode. Only the opening and closing credits have the singers anymore. Does anybody know why they replaced the acapella soundtrack and replaced it with an instrumental soundtrack?

As far as I am concerned, I am glad they did it because it was extremely irritating and interfered with the enjoyment of the episodes. A swarm of honeybees can carry a better tune.

3. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    Just guessing, but they probably did it for the exact reasons you stated. Annoying, and a bit too archaic for the time. Most of the other 50's westerns had tremendous musical themes, and they decided to do the same.

Susan Nunes_329977 likes this.
  4. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I purchased a few sets of Wyatt Earp as I am very fascinated with the wild, wild est, especially Wyatt Earp. It would be nice to see more of this series released!!