What's new

International The Legality Of Importing Other-Region Movies (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mark Oates said:
I thought the reason we couldn't mention region coding on the Kino Lorber thread was because they could only get the Region A rights and didn't want the thread full of Europeans moaning about not being able to watch the movies.
That migt have been part of it. I only started reading that thread once this one was started...and the post removal had already started.And talk about nickers in a pinch...Maribel Verdu. She was, apparently, Paz de la Huerta in the wardrobe department...She did 4 movies before she turned 18...where her scenes are there for sex appeal. Not like the 1/2 second of Olivia in R&J(1968).Viva la Mexican cinema...

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Sony movies sells blu-ray discs that are not region-encoded.
Sony electronics sells ONLY region encoded blu-ray players.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dennis Nicholls said:
Sony movies sells blu-ray discs that are not region-encoded.
Sony electronics sells ONLY region encoded blu-ray players.
You have to abide by the laws of the BDA if you want to be a member and region coding on the players is enforced.

I think originally 20th Century Fox played a huge part in region coding, see link below, they were one of the original members, they wanted the players to have region coding and i believe that was one of their reasons for not supporting HD-DVD.

Walt Disney were in favour of region coding but i know Warner, Paramount and Universal were fine with region free and all HD-DVD players were region free from the outset, indeed even today many discs from those three companies and Columbia are still coded for Region A,B and C, the Sony software division tends to make decisions separate from the hardware arm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Will Krupp said:
Pasolini's. You've got your gay Italians confused :P
No, sorry Will, I think I have managed to get through Pasolini's 'Salo' .. but only once.
It's Visconti's 'Salo' that's impossible to view right through. That's because it's impossible to find it. I've searched for years with no success.
Just like I've searched in vain for Pasolini's 'Death in Venice'. The one with the Stravinsky soundtrack. Just out of print everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks