What's new

The "Legacy" Hockey Game in HDTV (1 Viewer)

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Any one know how CBC is going o deliver this game in HDTV? Here in Vancouver we have Shaw. I have a DCT 5100 decoder for my HDTV, but I wonder where they will put this game?

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Doug, you will be able to watch the game on channel 130 on your 5100. I have to say, I'm pretty jealous as we in Nanaimo do not have Shaw Hi Def yet. Enjoy the game.

TimPaul

Auditioning
Doug,

From what I hear it will be broadcast on Channel 130 - the HDTV demo channel. This info is from the Digital Canada website.

Cheers,

Tim

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Daniel... yep. first HiDef game broadcast on CBC, I believe. Broadcast from Edmonton. it will have the oilers "all stars" vs. the Habs "all stars" and then the Oilers and Habs will play afterwards. This game also marks the return of the Great One, first time he's publicly laced up the skates!! Should be a good one!!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Paul, I was just reading how Messier may play with Gretzky on the Oiler all-stars and then fly back here for the Rangers-Ottawa game on Sunday.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Thanks for the info. guys. This one should be great! Played outside in the middle of a stadium should make the Hi def shine - like a football game.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
we in the us never get to see hockey in HD
Bruins fans get every NESN home game in HD from Comcast/INHD2. Picture is superb, you can really follow the play due to the widescreen. ESPN-HD also carried many playoff games in HD last year.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Whats the criterion for calling this game off? Too much snow? Too cold? I hear the forecast temperature is -8. That doesn't sound too bad.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
From what I've read, it will have to be a blizzard to call it off. No matter what the weather, the Megastars game will happen and the regular Habs/Oilers game will be rescheduled for Sunday at Skyreach.
Forecasts are calling for clear skies and a -13 low...brrrrrrr.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
The HDNET schedule for today, 11/22/03, at http://www.hd.net/schedule_today.html shows that the NHL Heritage Game will be broadcast in HD today at 4:30 PM ET.

The NHL game between Montreal and Edmonton will be on in HD at 7 PM ET.

So, at least U.S. satellite (Dish Network and Direct TV) HD subscribers will get both games live and HD.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I am watching it on HDNET and it looks great
Fuhr rules!!!
(hey us Grants gotta stick together!):D

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Bruins fans get every NESN home game in HD from Comcast/INHD2. Picture is superb, you can really follow the play due to the widescreen.
Does that mean you Americans can finally see the puck? :D

No HDTV available in my condo yet, but at least there's still a nice picture on ExpressVu's channel 210.

Temperature dropped to -17 celsius at game time (1 farenheit) and will probably drop a bit more. Brrr! That's darn cold even for us canucks!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
It's the CBC feed so the camerawork is great unlike the ESPN or HDNET cameras....behind the puck or on the crowd.
The audio levels are way low so when the HDNET commericals come out they rattle my house!!!

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
I'm at University and don't have HD. I'm currently watching the official game between Habs and Oilers, and is anyone else getting the same feeling I am...that this is pan n' scan? I never thought I'd have to suffer it while watching sports. It seems the camera-operators are following the game with their Widescreen 16x9 cameras, forgetting that the image is being cropped for 4x3. I'm finding too often actions occurs just off frame, or the puck drifts off, and the camera is doing a poor job following it. This image feels really cropped to me. I've never known it to be a problem before, but this is really the first time I've ever had to watch cropped HD Hockey on standard TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks