What's new

The Leftovers (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Hollywood Reporter: 'The Leftovers' Adds Lindsay Duncan, Final Season to Air in 2017

Man, it says that the bulk of filming doesn't resume until the fall when they go to Australia. I was hoping that it would be on in the winter but I guess it won't be on until Game Of Thrones' season is over early next summer.
There seems to be mixed signals on that. In a fairly extensive interview with Deadline, Lindelof stated that the first two episodes, set in Texas, are already in the can and that production for the remaining Australia-set episodes starts "this week" and goes through the end of September.

So we could get it as early as January, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a summer run like the first season. That'd be alright with me, since the September - May period is already pretty overstuffed with other shows.

It's interesting in that interview that DL says that they started the writing for the third and final season by coming to an agreement on the ending for the show, and then plotting how to get from the second season finale to there.

I really like this quote: "I feel like, if you like The Leftovers, if you’re watching The Leftovers, at this point, my job is basically to be as authentic to the same show that I’ve been writing all along and not really stray from that."

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Just keep the Iris Dement opening music. It's the only show where I watch the opening credits every episode. Just to listen to "Let the Mystery Be." Even when True Detective used Leonard Cohen's "Nevermind" as the theme song, I skipped over it after a couple of weeks.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just keep the Iris Dement opening music. It's the only show where I watch the opening credits every episode. Just to listen to "Let the Mystery Be."
I kind of like the idea of each season having its own theme song that reflects the feel of that season. That being said, "Let the Mystery Be" is quite a high bar to reach, and if they can't I'd rather they stick with it than settle for something inferior.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love how the two season premieres have opened in what seems to be a completely different time and place than the main thrust of the narrative. For season two, we got the prehistoric sequence with the pregnant woman that was geographically centered around the springs in Jarden. For this season, we got the story of the Millerites during the summer leading up to the Great Disappointment in October of 1844. The preacher sure looked like William Miller himself, so it's possible that the scene was back in upstate New York. But it equally could have been Australia, as that final scene seemed to hint. Speaking of that final scene: Nora at some point several years in the future, or someone else tied very much into the events to come?

HBO confirmed that Jasmin Savoy Brown had been upped to series regular status back in May 2016, when production was ramping up. She was credited as a guest star here, but I still don't think death by drone strike is the last we'll see of her. Regina King's Erika was also conspicuously absent from this big happy blended family.

I continue to just lay back in my chair and let this show flow before me. It's strange and human and foreboding in all the right ways.

There was a narrative drive coming right out of the gate that the other seasons didn't have. Kevin is not like the reason of us, and something's going to happen in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks