What's new

The Latest Report: OS X LION to be released Thursday July 14th (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I just replaced Rosetta-based Microsoft Office X with Microsoft Office Home and Business 2011. It was a gift. Now I can do my resume under Lion. Of course, I probably could have gotten by with Pages, but the price was right.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah count me in as a wait and see, too, just to make sure that some of my favorite older apps (like MacMP3Gain) aren't broken. Also I know Pro Tools won't work with Lion, so I may only upgrade one of my MBPs to Lion and keep PT on the other one.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I'll move first thing but I haven't been a MAC guy that long so not dependent on anything that should break. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
First casualty of Lion...Firefox. It is incompatible with the page swipe left/right gestures. I've had to revert to Safari.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Call me an impulsive idiot (as long as you're smiling when you say it). I just bought and am installing Lion. I read on a forum that MacMP3Gain does work, but even if it doesn't, I still have it on my older MBP which hasn't been updated (and probably won't be for a while). My screen says 8 minutes to go until Lion goodness. I don't really use Firefox now (Chrome, and then Safari are my go-to browsers) so hopefully I won't miss it too much until Mozilla offers an update, which should be fairly soon judging by their track record.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
New Lion discussion and troubleshooting thread here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/313219/official-lion-os-x-discussion-and-troubleshooting-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks