What's new

The latest news from the Warner DVD Decision 2006 front... (1 Viewer)

walter o

Supporting Actor
suprised there is no love for GET TO KNOW YOUR RABBT nor THE ARRANGEMENT nor ONE TRICK PONY?

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
Of the current top five, I would possibly buy There Was A Crooked Man..., Band of Angels and Madame Curie. Gymkata? You've got to be kidding me...why is it even on this list?

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
I'm dissapointed Get To Know Your Rabbit isn't in the top 5, obviously my posts to various Brian De Palma forums hasn't helped much. :frowning:

I'd love to see The Arrangement in widescreen. I have it on tape but it is cropped. In fact, for some shots where actors are spread across the frame, they actually left the anamorphic squeeze to keep the actors in the same shot. I can't fathom why that was considered reasonable, but letterboxing wasn't!

Corey

Screenwriter

yeah they've been updating it because presenting lily mars isn't there anymore.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

. . . . . which is a great disappointment to me. Maybe Warners will give us a Judy in black and white box in 2007 (after the Rooney box this fall), and LILY MARS, LITTLE NELLIE KELLIE, and THE CLOCK can be included.

Corey

Screenwriter

might as well include thoroughbreds don't cry and listen darling. and the rooney/garland set has been put off until next year.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
That's dissapointing, maybe Warner Bros. should insist the films must have an IMDB.COM score above 5... well, even above 4 would still rule Gymkata out. :D

I'm not one who abides by the "so bad it's good" 'theory' of film evaluation.

Corey

Screenwriter
today is the last day to vote for your movies, so go on over there and vote again if you want your titles released.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
There's got to be something up. I simply cannot believe that GYMKATA has more votes than OPERATION CROSSBOW. No, I haven't seen GYMKATA, but still, isn't it possible the votes are totally skewed by some clever method of casting a huge number of votes and avoiding web site red flags that would indicate duplications? Reminds me of a funny Robert Klein routine in which all of Klein's friends called up to televote for The Teen-Tones amateur musical group (which Klein was a part of) using various voices and names.

Corey

Screenwriter

no you can vote for your titles as much as you want to. i voted for best foot forward, the greer garson titles, and bhowani junction many, many times.

Corey

Screenwriter
it's probably because it's in the top 10. i couldn't seem to find best foot forward or april in paris anymore, either.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

If someone says "I won't be buying any of these films," the person doesn't have a requirement to have seen any of them to make the statement. This could also be because the person has no interest in seeing any of them, and so will not be interested in buying. I don't think it means they're not good films.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for linking to that George Feltenstein interview...it was very interesting! I too am disappointed about Thoroughbreds and Words & Music not being in the Garland/Rooney box. However, what I really want is a second volume of the Judy Garland Signature collection. :) I'm afraid we won't get another Judy solo box, since Presenting Lily Mars and The Clock sound like they'll be separate releases. I hope her more obscure movies like Little Nellie Kelly and Everybody Sing make it to DVD someday... but I fear they won't if they're not part of a boxset. :frowning:

Anyway... can't wait 'til August for the DVD Decision results! Please please please let Lily Mars and Best Foot Forward be in the top 10!

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
I'm still waiting for WB to release the most complete version of GREED.

And while they on the subject of Ginger Rogers non-Astaire RKO films, a really wonderfully terrible movie she made smack dab in the midst of the Astaire-Rogers films is IN PERSON. I love this rather lousy little film....as a sidebar, it contains two the most amazing songs written in the 1930's' "Don't Mention Love To Me" and "Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind", both written for the film by Oscar Lavant and Dorothy Fields. Both songs were not hits and there's darn few recorded versions of them. Great melodies and some of Fields' most biting lyrics.

Wish WB would put IN PERSON out on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks