What's new

The latest legal battle over a name: Fox News vs. Al Franken (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
And when the judge who's handling the case comments for the record that the case has no legal or factual merit, then it's time to rethink your position. ;)

M.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, Drudge reported that this was basically all out of spite anyway on the part of O'Reilley, I wouldn't be suprised if it was the money people at Fox News that said "Spent enough, backfired, time to move on"

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
To use the correct form of the expression, Mr. Franken must be crying all the way to the bank.

--
H

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
This book is hilarious. It's like he said, literary jujitsu. They say it, all he has to do is say funny things about how wrong they are. This is with their own research, too. Great book, and my conservative roomate has already gotten annoyed just seeing it lying around.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Well, Drudge reported that this was basically all out of spite anyway on the part of O'Reilley, I wouldn't be suprised if it was the money people at Fox News that said "Spent enough, backfired, time to move on"
Actually it was more like "Spent a little, got mega publicity, made millions, time to find another silly issue to make more on." As I said before, both of these parties made a lot of money.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Anyone want to start taking bets on the title of Bill O'Reilley's next book?I'm betting on "Al Franken is a Big Fat Idiot" :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Actually it was more like "Spent a little, got mega publicity, made millions, time to find another silly issue to make more on." As I said before, both of these parties made a lot of money.
I really would like to know how Fox made millions from this? Did their ratings go up? I know it's possible but somehow I doubt this suit has gained them a legion of new viewers.

Franken on the other hand probably did gain some additional sales from this so he most likely did came out better then Fox on this one.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Franken on the other hand probably did gain some additional sales from this so he most likely did came out better then Fox on this one
Franken most likely did made a few more dollars on the margin. He certainly will make more than anyone individually at Fox.

Fox on the other hand is like Donald Trump. The Donald one said that he sought publicity. Even bad publicity was good because he maintained name recognition and that made him money. This little tete a tete between Fox and Franken just give a few more days of having Fox on the consciousness of the existing and potential viewer. Fox doesn't have to bring in NEW viewrs to make this profitable. It is important to keep the existing viewers. When Coke runs an ad, I don't run out to buy a Coke. But the name recognition is always there.

I am almost of the opinion that this so called battle between these two is subconsciously driven for the reasons I gave above.

One of my favorite sayings, "Where there's a dollar, there's a way!"

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I stumbled upon the book at B&N today, and read the chapter on O'Reilly (rather than studying :rolleyes:). I loved it (splotches :laugh: ).

What a fucknut.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks