The Last Starfighter CE - $13.99 Shipped @ DDD!

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Phil Iturralde, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    The Last Starfighter - Collector's Edition for $13.99 Shipped @ DeepDiscountDVD!

Release Date: 04/01/03

Features: Interactive Menus; Teaser Trailer; Theatrical Trailer; Production Photographs; Animated Screens; Commentary With Director Nick Castle & Production Designer Ron Cobb

Video:
    Widescreen 2.35:1 Color (Anamorphic)

Audio:
    ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1 [CC]

====
    Great movie - one of my all-time favorites!!!

Excellent price!!!

I got my pre-ordered LS Collector's Edition Widescreen 2.35:1 Color (Anamorphic) DVD from Reel.com (remember them?) for $12.51 shipped (w/$ coupon) a few days before it was released last June 1999. (DVD Release Date: 6-8-1999)

Phil

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

According to DVD Review, actual ratio is 2.32:1 Anamorphic. I just ordered this as an enrollment title from CH. So it will cost, (the avg. price) of $7.16

3. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

"Bout time they lowered the price on this. A childhood favorite, but the $32 price tag at Best Buy has always screamed to me "You buy 3 disc sets for this price, why choose me?"

I feel ripped if I pay $30 for a single disc, unless it's say a Criterion that you know would never have been relased otherwise (like "Hearts and Minds")

4. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

I picked mine up at CH as well during the CYCD deal for $5 shipped. Haven't even opened it yet. I remember seeing it on tv and thought it was a great movie. Good price if you don't want to join CH.

5. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Yeah this was one of those "Why is this one so expensive?" titles I've always wanted. Nice to see the price drop!

(I still kick myself for spending $25+ on 1941.) [​IMG]

6. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

7. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It is definately anamorphic, and has a fantastic 50min documentary. They actually rebuilt the Starfighter arcade machine and found Lance Guest's old costume in MGM mothballs!

9. ShawnDCarter

ShawnDCarter Extra

Nice deal, I'd definitely have picked up on that had I not CH'd it about a month back. Definitely one my favorites from when I was a kid.

10. Ryan V

Ryan V Auditioning

Got my copy today. $13.99 as said and it looks great. This is a really good deal if you are a fan of the movies. Heck I work at Universal and I can't get this movie cheaper then $19.95 on the lot!

Though does anyone have any more information on a rumored new verison of this movie on DVD?

-Ryan