What's new

The Last Of Sheila (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Picked up this dvd but as of yet have not watched it - it seems there are some problems with it as was mentioned by a number of people on Amazon. Certain scenes deviate from the VHS tape version. Any comments on this - I hope it does not detract from enjoying the film as the "mistakes" seem to have upset those aware of it. :)

TonyDale

Second Unit
The only thing I can think of is that the opening piano music has been changed. What's striking about that is that the song being played formerly, "Anyone Can Whistle," was composed by Stephen Sondheim!

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
I personally think the fellow is over-reacting. I didn't see anything in chapter 18 that looked like a director's shadow. I did notice one boom mike shadow across Richard Benjamin one time. I've seen the film 10 or more times, twice in HD, and this presentation is perfectly acceptable. The overall transfer was very good (although, there are some element flaws throughout) and won't distract from your enjoyment of the film. Hope this helps.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
never saw the film (nor heard about it even) before picking up the dvd.

i didn't notice anything that detracted from my huge enjoyment of the film- one of the most entertaining blind buys i've made in a long time.
enjoy!

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
One of my all time favorite films. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the DVD presentation, and I've probably watched this movie about 30 times over the years.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Thankyou for the insight on this dvd everyone - at least now I can watch it without any apprehension - just have to actually enjoy the film itself. :) :) :)

DeeF

Screenwriter
The song "Anyone Can Whistle" is still there on the soundtrack, which isn't changed, but has been remixed, it seems.

You must turn up your system very loud to hear it, but it is still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks