What's new

THE KEEP (1983), Where The Hell Is The DVD?! (Lend Your Support) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
When I woke up this morning, like usual, my eyes landed on my DVD Tower, and the many VHS covers lining the doors. This time was different, though, I couldn't get my eyes off the one of THE KEEP, and, I thought, 'That's it, I've had it up to here with it not being on DVD.' Hence this post, and this petition, to get one of the greatest movies NEVER released out on DVD.

Over the years I've heard rumors that Michael Mann's initial cut ran over three fuckin' hours. In a perfect world, this is the version I'd like to see, but since I can't miss what I never had, in this case, what I never saw, I'll settle for a nice version of the threatrical cut. And, I say that because I've heard Mann has pretty much disowned this movie. Too bad.

I know Paramount owns it and I can't tell who's to blame for it not being on DVD, Mann, the studio, or both. Suffice it to say one of these 'entities' needs to take the bull by the horns, and say 'fuck it,' and get the ball rollin' for the world to get this insanely awesome flick out on DVD.

So, who's with me? Lend your support below.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I honestly can't remember if I ever watched this or not. I remember always picking up the LD at my local video store, but can't remember if I actually rented/watched it or not.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I remember this (from the laser disc, not a theater) as being a convoluted, occasionally atmospheric but almost completely suspenseless horror film of some sort I couldn't even figure out. If there is a "director's cut" out there, I would be happy to reconsider it. Otherwise, if the version already released by Paramount comes to Blu, I would definitely give it a pass in deference to the fifty or so already announced catalog titles on their way during the next few months that I truly to admire.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I saw a version of this on TV a few years back that had a completely different ending. I liked the new (TV) ending, much more than the theatrical version.

I would love to own this title, either cut, thank you!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
It's called (Lend Your Support), Dick, not, (Lend Your Negativity).

Originally Posted by Dick

I remember this (from the laser disc, not a theater) as being a convoluted, occasionally atmospheric but almost completely suspenseless horror film of some sort I couldn't even figure out. If there is a "director's cut" out there, I would be happy to reconsider it. Otherwise, if the version already released by Paramount comes to Blu, I would definitely give it a pass in deference to the fifty or so already announced catalog titles on their way during the next few months that I truly to admire.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
its been playing on netflix streaming the last few months or so.

Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks