What's new

The Island (2005) (1 Viewer)

jez

Stunt Coordinator
I think you guys in the US can see a sneak preview of this, over this weekend.
Just asking for some opinons really, being over here in the UK have to wait till August i think and am looking forward to Mr Bay's latest popcorn offering.
So any opinons guys :)

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
great fuckin flick, saw the sneak preview last night. surprised that bay took his time with the story, not even getting to the big action scene until at least an hour in.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I caught the sneak last night too and I didn't care for it at all. The car chase was fun, though derivative of every other Bay car chase ever filmed. I thought the plot and story were extremely weak with nary a surprise at all. McGregor and Johannson acquitted themselves nicely though. Huge wasted opportunity.

I don't think this is going to do very well at the box office. For a sneak supposed to generate buzz the audience didn't seem very into it.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Cheesy as "Parts: The Clonus Horror" was (though seeing it on MST3K doesn't help one take a movie seriously), "Parts" was gutsy enough to have a very dark ending. I seriously doubt "The Island" will be as bold.

Colton

Supporting Actor
My wife and I saw the Advance Screening last night. WOW! Forget WAR OF THE WORLDS ... the summer blockbuster is THE ISLAND! Action packed with a great cast! It never gets slow and there's something here for everyone - it has romance, comedy, suspense and drama. Also, the music was brilliant!
If you go see just one movie this weekend - take a trip to THE ISLAND! You won't regret it!
:star: :star: :star: :star: / :star: :star: :star: :star:
- Colton

AlexCremers

Second Unit
:)
This is from a post I picked up at some other board:
Have any of you seen any of the trailers for 'The Island?' There is this one extended scene I just watched on Conan O'Brien where Steve Buscemi is talking to the clones and one of the clones gives this long story about her childhood, about riding a bike, and how her grandmother used to bake cookies; then Buscemi explains something about how these are really fake, implanted memories.
To me: this looks like a blatant rip-off of the scene in Deckard's apartment (Blade Runner), but with all the realism sucked dry. I mean really, riding a pink bicycle to your grandmother's house to eat milk and cookies. That just plain sucks. - Quinibus Flestrin
This quite sums it up for me. I'm not going!
------------
Alex Cremers

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else."

Glad I didn't avoid X-Men because of a couple bad lines.

AlexCremers

Second Unit
No, not a couple of bad lines, but I will stay home for a badly executed rip-off, which was the point of my post. If you must steal, you better be damn good at it.

Alex

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I dunno, call me crazy, but I actually like to see a movie before I pass judgement on it.
Silly notion, I know.;)
Btw, it's currently running 100% fresh at www.rottentomatoes.com with 5 reviews.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Yeah, sez me too. Bay is a talentless hack that represents the very worst of Hollywood. If I choose to see this, it will be via the cheapest method available to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks