What's new

The Iron Giant: SE - 8/26! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The Bits has announced that a special edition of The Iron Giant streets on 8/26. Very cool news and I love the cover art. :emoji_thumbsup:

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
That is a nice cover but i think the original artwork is nice aswell. The new dvd will have the same a/v as the old one correct? as far as i know supplements are the only difference, but correct me if im wrong. So i won't be upgrading just for extra features even though i would like to. I made up my mind awhile back that any upgrade must be improved a/v wise for me to do so.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Great news and for a low price too! Any word on specs? I almost forgot this would be in a snapper. Oh well.;)

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator
damn, i was hoping for one of those 2 disc slip cover SE's that warners been doing lately but oh well, this is good enough, definite purchase!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Excellent!

Couldn't happen to a better animated film. I hope this movie eventually gets recognized as the masterpiece that it is.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Finally!! I Truly LOVE this movie... It´s on of the, if not the best then amongst the top 2 atleast.
:)

JarrodK

Grip
Does anyone know if there will be any improvement to the video/audio, or is it the same transfer with extra supplements?

The current disc looks and sounds great, so I don't think I would upgrade just for extra features.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Jon Robertson:
Of what?
Hahaha!! I was tired ok?
:)

Here´s what I actually had to say:

Iron Giant in one of the, if not the best then amongst the top 2 atleast of American animated cinema. Iron Giant is the best piece of animated film ever to leave an american studio. Iron Giant is one of the best animated films of all time. The Iron Giant is at the top of a very short list of animated films that should really be taken seriously. The Iron Giant...

Kicks holy ass.
(And makes me cry.)

Daniel J:
Are you my long lost twinbrother?
;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Improved picture/sound would make this an immediate and definite purchase for me. Otherwise the "extras" better be more than just promotional fluff pieces.

But I loved this movie so much I'll probably upgrade anyway and use the old disc as a "hand me down" for my parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks