What's new

The Inside (1 Viewer)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I'm enjoying this show but if it got canceled I wouldn't be devastated... not like I was with "Tru Calling"!! I'm still smarting from that show being canceled.

What is it with FOX not giving their shows a fighting chance? "The X-Files" didn't do that great in their first 2 seasons either but then it totally broke out as a hit. Maybe the same thing could happen to "The Inside" if they give it half a chance. It's like they expect every show to be the instant hit that "The O.C." was...and I just don't think that's fair!

Ok... I feel better now. I needed to get that off my chest for sometime now. :D

I will be watching tonight's episode... looks like an interesting case.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Fox has been giving it a decent chance. It received a decent promotional push for a summer series, but it seems clear that Fox underestimated the American public's appetite for the Terspichorean star power of John O'Hurley, Joey McIntyre, and Evander Holyfield. Who knew? :)

Regards,

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
As I've said before, no-one does. You just aren't as interested in what NBC and CBS put on the schedule.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I thought tonight's show was OK, but it could have been more interesting. I had a feeling that Pre-filer's target was going to turn out to be one of the boys, which I think would have been a much more original twist. (Instead it looks like they're going to make the "Bad Seed" angle the major focus of next week's show, where it will probably get a much more conventional treatment.) When the little girl's cat was mentioned, I was sure I was right. Animal cruelty in childhood (along with bed-wetting and arson) is something common in the biography of many serial killers. Pre-filer's "escalation" could have taken a turn in the direction of identifying and eliminating "future" killsrs at an earlier and earlier stage of their "careers". When the doorbell rang and all four agents went to the front of the house I was expecting to hear that the killer had entered through the back and made off with one of the kids. (And it would have served the agents right if he had, given how obvious a ploy decoying them to the front door would have been in such a case.)

The show has interesting and quirky elements, (in Coyote's case make that "creepy") but as the ten thousandth post CSI police procedural series I'm not sure it has the right elements to make it stand out from the rest or characters appealing enough to make us look past what is rapidly becoming the routine nature of the crimes. (As, for instance, The Closer may have in Kyra Sedwick's lead role.)

Regards,

Joe

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Joseph makes several good points. I too, was thinking that the target would be one of the boys and not the father, given how twisty this show has been. It would have made for a more interesting hour, but it's summer and my standards are lower. I like the cast (especially Katie Finneran's Mel, who had several good jokes in the ep), the stories are interesting to a certain degree, so I'll definitely keep watching.

Loved the in-joke to Buffy with Once More, With Feeling the Movie. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Here's an interesting and quite positive article on the series, including some further details about the show's origins and its current incarnation. Sounds like there could be more interesting things ahead. I'll certainly keep my TiVo Season Pass going and keep watching to see what develops.

Regards,

Joe

Kong Chang

Screenwriter

Fox should just fight fire with fire and present its own dancing show "Dancing with the Stars from the cast of the Inside" ;P

:)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I just read this. TimMinear

I wish the show could've had the chance to get better. I merely thought it was just ok, it was totally watchable and I would still watch it over CSI any day but...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That's unfortunate, but not that unexpected due to the ratings. I enjoyed the show a lot so far.

Neil

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I hate to see this show get canceled, I feel that it's really been hitting its stride the last few episodes. This is the first new crime drama that I've managed to get interested in for a long time. I've also been really impressed by the female lead, I know there were some doubts about her initially but I find the character very interesting.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
You know what? This show has hit it's stride. Up yours FOX for not letting a show survive getting to hit its stride. NBC needs new programming they should move it over there. Hell it's better than Medium and that's a hit show. Unfortunately this show will be gone forever soon.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It hasn't been picked up for new episodes, and the cast is (generally) released from any obligations if that doesn't happen by the end of July. Right now, my Replay still has it on the schedule for this coming Wednesday.

It's not "cancelled", in the event that Fox hasn't told them not to produce episodes they'd already ordered, but they're not making any more, and there's almost no chance the network will show all that has been produced.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
The lead actress Rachel Nichols has signed with Alias as a tech analyst for the black-ops division of the CIA. Her character will help in taking up the slack created by Jennifer Garner's pregnancy.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
So did they not show a new ep on 7/27? My recorder ended up recording something else though it was on the schedule. . . How annoying they can't at least finish showing what they have. . .(Just like "Eyes" for CBS. . .)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Nope. It was moved to 8/3 so they could show a special extended episode of So You Think You Can Dance at the last moment.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Thanks, David! I'm glad it will be on this week. (I totally do not understand the popularity of these dancing shows!)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, but FOX changed their mind again. There won't be another new episode until August 24 - more dancing each of the first three weeks this month. I wouldn't bet on FOX showing the August 24 episode either. Maybe they are trying to increase DVD sales by having more unaired episodes.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks