What's new

The Incredible Hulk (1 Viewer)

Saberoph

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Who's seen it, did you like it, what did you think about it?

It has been all over the net that Marvel isn't sure if their gonna either do a sequel since Edward Norton will not be returning to reprise Bruce Banner, and it's been said by Marvel they feel it looks bad if they do another sequel with yet Another actor playing Bruce Banner. Nor can they decide if their gonna do a reboot to the franchise. Stan Lee has even said he wants a reboot and not a sequel, one of his biggest gripes is that the movie was TOO much like the 70's TV series. Fan's have even griped about it, another is how awful the Abomination looked and I have to agree, that was a terrible design for the character.

If there was a sequel what would you like to see, and what direction would you like to see the movie go?

Now if they did a reboot...what direction would you like to see them take, and if they did an origin (which I think it's a waste of time, and could just be done in a flashback) what would you like to see, and how would you like it to be done?

While I'm on the subject, what does everyone think about Ang Lee's Hulk? What you did and didn't like about it? Looking forward on the feedback, and ideas.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Well, they already cast Mark Ruffalo as Banner for The Avengers, which is the point where all Marvel films will be intersecting. Once that's done, all sequels, including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, and even Hulk will grow out of that movie and mythology. So we will see Hulk again in at least that, and if not his own stand-alone film after that, at least in an Avengers sequel.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
My biggest problem with the Hulk is... the Hulk. He looks like Shrek in the real world. A cartoon. I liked the story in the second movie, but the Hulk just killed it for me. Make Hulk look more real. Maybe the TV series was on to something in the way the Hulk looks

Saberoph

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I hadn't thought about this, but they might do a sequel but change the origin story. I hate Origin movies though...that's why I hope the Captain America movie isn't one, but we know it will be. I mean it works with some but not hero's like Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man...and perhaps even Thor. I liked how they showed it with the newer Hulk movie, in a dream was much better than waiting the whole movie just to see the end result of the Hulk. With a hero like that, a dream or a flashback is MORE than good enough for an Origin.

I didn't like the Origin of the last Hulk movie, I felt it tried to be TOO much like the TV series...the movie was. Those movies need to be more comic book based, yea I realize they had sonic cannons, but that's all General Ross had there wasn't any battle suits, or even some sort of a containment seal. IMO One of the best interpretations of the Hulk was the 1990's Animated Series and most of the episodes can be found on youtube. In the series there's a lot of the technology that SHOULD be used in a Hulk movie. Another issue I have is General Ross wasn't obsessed with capturing the Hulk enough, in the comics and in the animated series he was truly obsessed with taking the Hulk down...he was willing to risk everything to capture or destroy the Hulk. I would rather it have the comic book origin...I would even be happy if they changed a few things here and there, like taking Jones out of the story all together or having him in it but not having him as a Hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks