What's new

The Incredible Hulk (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I recently saw this on a local tv station and was wondering if anybody knew of any plans for season sets or are the tv movies and the best of box set the best we are gonna get?

RogerH

Supporting Actor
That sucks I guess I 'll have to pick up the tv movies and hope for some announcment.

JasonPat

Auditioning
I would buy the season sets. I am so disappointed that the release was a "best of." I would have much more preferred season sets.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Somehow I doubt a Hulk 2 will get made. Hulk 1 cost a LOT of money to produce and I'm not sure if it really recouped enough money to justify a sequel.

As for the Hulk on TV, frankly, this show scared the... well... I didn't like it when I was a kid. Freaky thing. That being said, given the demand for it especially on these boards, you wonder what the hold up is. I'm actually on the fence about picking up the pilot on DVD, but why spend the money if there is even a chance of season sets coming?

This is what irks me about indecision on the part of the studios, it makes shopping for the stuff I want a LOT harder.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Let me just say that us fans really got the shaft on this one..
I've been waiting forever to hear any news about season sets..
I've even continually emailed Universal regarding this topic, without any response..
They really dropped the ball on this one...
:thumbsdown:

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah it sucks. Hopefully they will see the error of there ways. BTW Hulk 2 is getting the go ahead with a lower budget and new director last I heard.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I would buy season 1 and all other seasons in a nano-second! And would've bought the ultimate collection "best of" set but $50-$69.00 is a lot for just a 18 episode best of set. It's still $62.98 at amazon.

FYI. if anyone is interested DeepDiscountDvd.com has the TV movies and the pilot for $5.99 and $9.99 each with free shipping.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD012432[/url]

Well Worth it, I got all three last year!

Brian-C

Grip
A lower budget might mean it won't be so good, perhaps. I enjoyed the first movie, I don't understand why others didn't, it was an origin, first movies always have to be origins, otherwise many movie goers who have never read comics, or heard from their kids, will be confused as to whats going on.

I bought all the old movie sets when they were released, but held off on the "best of" series, as I would prefer seasonal sets as well, I never buy best of series.

Would also like to see the 80s and 90s cartoons to be made on dvd as well. (I believe there was a 90s toon series? I don't remember, but I do recall the 80s version)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Well, overall I'm happy with mine. :)
It's about the same transfer quality as the "best of" disc.
The pilot disc has commentary by Kenneth Johnson and I enjoyed listening to that.
But you know when they're $5.99 you can't really go too wrong.

I would love the 1982 cartoon on dvd!!
But the 90's series had the goofy "Leader" character who was more comical than a evil menace so it brought the show down for me. There's a dvd of the 90's cartoon out now too.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I would pass on the '90's series. But I would definetely pick up the series from '82. That, as well as the Spider Man & his Amazing Friends series from the same era!!

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I understand the frustration felt by the longtime fans of the series over not seeing season sets but for me the "Best Of" set was the most optimum way of introducing me to the essential episodes of the series which I had never really taken in before over the years, and as a result I have a greater appreciation for the show than I did previously.

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator

I would've bought that and been quite contented but Universal left out ONE crucial Essential episode...Married. That is probably the Best hulk story ever filmed.

MattHR

Screenwriter

"Married" was included as a "bonus" episode on side 2 of the pilot episode's DVD release a few months prior to the "ultimate" collection.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
That's correct. And with "Married" being on the Pilot DVD, I think the "Best Of" set manages to almost cover the essentials for a beginning Hulk fan like me. The one episodes I wish had also been included was "Interview With The Hulk" since it was the last time we saw David be open about his past, and also the episode regarding his dying father which I still have not seen.

Let's say that Season 1 had come out and then no other seasons up to this point as has been the case for many other shows. Would that be a lot less satisfying than at least having uncut versions of episodes like "Mystery Man", "The First" and "Prometheus"?

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I agree that Interview With The Hulk was one that should have been included. However, there was one other episode which stands out for me as one of the most memorable, and that was "King Of The Beach" in where Ferrigno plays a double role as both the Hulk and Himself.
Very cool episode...
Dammit, I just wish they would release 3 more "best of" sets to complete all 82 episodes.
Wishful thinking I guess..
:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks