What's new

The Illusionist (1 Viewer)

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

Isn't this somewhat inferred to in the beginning of the movie when the narrator was talking about the encounter with the old man and the tree (...some said that the man just disappeared...and some say so did the tree).

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
I too liked the movie and can't understand the nitpicking of the illusions. Aren't they supposed to be just that, illusions? I'm a huge fan of magic/illusions and love to try and figure out how its done. Some of the time I can figure it out but most of the time not. We have watched DVD's tv specials and the usual fare of Chris Angel to Copperfield. All on a 92" screen and going frame by frame and still can't figure out 2/3 of it, I swear some of it is "real". So to the naysayers on here I'm sure you can all figure out every single illusion you have seen, right?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
yeah I hated all the Chris Angel and Copperfield magic I've ever seen as well :P

I just found in this movie, for a vistorian era magician, to use such obviously fantastical CGI cartoons for the magic sequences... it just pulled me out of the movie everytime.

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
As far as bad writing goes take a look at the Number 23 or the Batmans after Tim Burton...damn you Joel Schumacher. Well I can't damn him too much, I liked Falling down, Lost Boys and Phonebooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks