The HTF Pet thread (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
ive got a 3 year old yellow lab his name is morrison
Coincidently my email is mydogsnameismorrison
im quite clever....... huh?

James T

Screenwriter

I've had Reggie for 6 years now. This is kinda a bad shot as I just took it minutes ago and he's in desperate need of a haircut(it's usually kept long for winter, but not this long).

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, no pictures right now, but we've got a couple of cats, a female named Kiddy and a male named Paws. Paws has extra toes on both of his front feet...

and then I have a 3 year old yellow lab dog named Ginny, but she's more than a pet she's my guide dog also.

Bill Polley

Second Unit
"Henry,

No dogs should live outdoors. They are pack animals and enjoy being with their pack (you and your family)."

I have raised many litters of Siberian Huskies over the last 16 years, and I am sure that dogs can be perfectly happy living outside. In the winter they grow unbelievable coats. They will lay on their backs with their legs spread and sleep for hours during the day when the temperatures are below zero. At night they curl up into a ball, put their tail over their eyes, and sleep in temps at -20 with -40 degree wind chills. They love to come in the house to eat and play, but then they whine to go back out for the night.

While many breeds may need constant shelter, there are also several breeds that relish the outdoors, preferring to be in the open air.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Bill,

I agree Siberian Huskies and other related breeds are an exception. They are highly active, need lots of exercise and bred to run and pull sleds and they can also tolerate extreme cold weather. If a pet owner has only one Siberian Husky or any breed, then it should not be left outdoors for long periods of time. Like I said they are pack animals and need to be with their pack.

I have mastiffs and they are very laid back giant dogs, sleeping and snoring most of the time. I would say they are the total opposites of SH.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
I was looking for an outdoor dog and really like Mastiffs, but i guess thats the wrong choice.

I do like SH's too, they are really beautiful. Do you think two outdoors is ok?

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
Bill, Your info about Huskies I found very interesting. I realized that they are cold-weather dogs, but the details you provided are really amazing. I wonder how cold it would have to get before they started to feel it? Also, how do they keep the pads on their feet from freezing? Dave

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

If you let the hair between their pads grow long enough it's like a pair of slippers :)

In my experience, they don't. Our hunting dogs would run, and run, and run, and runrunrun all day long on frozen, icy snow, loving every minute of it until their pads were so torn up they would crack and bleed, and you'd still have to drag them back to the car kicking and screaming, it never seemed to bother them. Then we got them some boots, which I'm not sure they liked.

here's my mutt again. I was taking a nap on the couch before work and she crawled up while I was asleep :angry:
stupid mutt.

9 month old springer spaniel, her name is charlie.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
You guys have some beautiful pets pictured here.:) Too bad I cant post any pics of my bunny. Shes too damn cute.

Glad I started this thread.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,

Yes, pets do really well if they have a companion preferably their own species. So, yes definitely get your pet a little friend of his own to play and be with.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Dave, he is an American Eskimo. Recently, I discovered two lumps on his chest, and he'll be going to the vet tomorrow. I hope it's not cancer.

~T

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Here's our little girl Chloe. We think she's part chow, golden retriever, and samoyed. We rescued her from the pound when she was 3-4 months old, she'll be 3 years old next month...we think...maybe April. We were fortunate enough to be there when she was brought in so we were first on the adoption list. She is absolutely the best companion we've ever had. She's actually converted my wife from being a 'cat person' to a 'dog person'.

http://forum.av123.com/photopost/sho...t=1&thecat=500

[Edit] The pic link didn't work so here's a lin: http://forum.av123.com/photopost/sho...t=1&thecat=500

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Okay, already posted the details of our feline menagerie on the first page of this thread, but I got a couple of pics of our newest arrival, Pixel. :D She's 5 1/2 months old as of these pics. (Taken about 3 weeks ago.)

Lookin' cute...

Lookin' sucky for the camera... (or blinded by the flash...) :D

Playtime! That's Rio on the right, and the glowing eyes in the upper left corner belong to Sisko as he watched the young ones play. :)

David-S

Second Unit

My kitty, rescued just last spring, camilla, very sweet cat, even though she tries to push me out of bed :D

And no, she isn't the devil, that eye just has a scratch on it :frowning: so it reflects funny...

Also have 2 parakeets and 2 cockatiels (the tiels were also rescued)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Philip_G,
Cute springer! Did you get her localy? I've been planning on getting a dog soon and that breed is on my short list.

Thanks,
Philip_T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks