What's new

Directors The Home Theater Forum Drinking Game (1 Viewer)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Everybody add one or more rules to the drinking* game!

Rule #1: When you see a post discussing Lawrence of Arabia, take a drink for every post that gets into the thread before Rob Tomlin responds. This rule also applies for 2001: A Space Oddyssey and Jack Briggs, "anything related to Joss Whedon" and Jeff Kleist, and Amelie and Steeve Bergeron.

Rule #2: When you see Rain's nostril, take a drink (NOT from the nostril!)

Rule #3: When you visit the "Movies" forum and you see that the "Official Star Wars Saga Discussion Thread" is still on the front page, take two drinks.

Rule #4: When a thread gets locked in After Hours, pour one on the ground for your homies. :D

Rule #5: When you see Ron-P hoisting a cold one, you must chug.

What else you got?

Brad

*Uhhh, please drink responsibly and don't operate a motor vehicle and all that other stuff that must be said so that you can't blame myself or the forum if you do something stupid while inebriated.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Rule #6: Take a drink every time I refuse to respond when someone trashes "movie critics" when a flick they love gets thrashed by the press.

Rule #7: Take a drink every time someone is compelled to use the meaningless acronym "IMO" in their post in an effort to avoid an angry response.

Rule #8: Take a drink every time someone makes fun of Gigli.

Rule #9: Take a drink when someone uses the words "Michael Bay" and "spawn of Satan" in the same sentence. (Including this one.)

Rule #10: Take a drink every time someone drools over Jennifer Connelly, Monica Bellucci or Eliza Dushku.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Rule #12:Take a drink every time someone ask if the original Star Wars trilogy on e-bay is real or a bootleg.

Rule #13:Take a drink every time Steve Gon starts some kind of silly tournament :)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Rule #14: Take a drink every time I express my preference of 80s babes over modern babes.

Rules #15: Take a drink every time you see me put something after my name.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Ratchet it down the gullet right now (You could get Blotto on me)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Rule #16: Take a drink whenever I make a big scene out of voting against 2001: A Space Oddysey in a tourney.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Rule #17: Take a drink when you see a thread talking about missing inserts.

Rule #18: Take a drink when you see a thread started by John Williamson ending in an exclamation point!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Rule #19 When you see someone playing amateur moderator by posting that a thread belongs in a different area of the forum, take three drinks.

Rule #20 When somebody says "Use the search function." Take one long drink.

Rule #21 When a studio pisses you off by offering only full frame or pan-n-scan transfers of widescreen content, take one drink for every letter in their name.

Rule #22 If you commit to a double dip purchase, chug.

Brad

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Rule #23: Whenever someone posts a picture of a woman in testy, take a drink!

Rule #24 (Could be added to Rule #12): Whenever someone asks when the original trilogy of Star Wars is coming out on DVD, take two drinks!

Rule #25: When someone says that the cover art for a certain DVD sucks, take three drinks.

Rule #26: Whenever you see a thread about a cracked SACD disc in the music section, take two drinks.

Rule #27: Take a drink when someone asks about messenger serivce pop up windows in the computer section.

Rule #28: Whenever Jeff Kleist makes reference to "The Lion King" being a rip off of "Kimba The White Lion", take four drinks!

Rule #29: Have a swig for every single rule on this list! :D

BTW, in Nostril News, I pierced one of them recently.
Well, you better update the signature! :)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Rule #30: Take a drink whenever someone complains about the lack of DTS.

Rule #31: Take a drink whenever a newbie asks about BOSE.

Rule #32: Take a drink whenever someone posts about which cable is best:

Rule #33: Take a drink whenever someone asks "16X9 or 4X3?"

Rule #34: Take a drink whenever someone asks "DLP or LCD?" (Toast the person who suggests CRT :) )

Rule #35: Take a drink whenever someone posts that Laserdiscs sound better than DVDs.

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
Rule #35: Take a drink whenever someone complains about edge enhancement on a transfer

Rule #36: Take a drink whenever someone says :'Damn (insert random studio), can't the get anything right?'

Rule #37: Take a drink whenever someone says :'No Sale' in a DVD thread.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Rule #39: Take a drink whenever someone ruins the fun on a "funny" thread by turning it into a discussion on sensitivity (P/C), morality, religion, politics, etc.

Rule #40: If #39 leads to thread closure in less than five more posts then you must chug.

Rule #41: Take a drink whenever someone posts about how the movie sucks on a movie appreciation thread.

Rule #42: Take a drink whenever a thread is resurrected after more than a year.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Rule #44: Take a drink whenever someone bitches in the Movies forum about all the crap hollywood is churning out nowadays and how everything was so much better 20+ years ago.

Rule #45: Take a drink whenever someone bitches in the Movies forum about how terrible movie audiences have become, why they don't bother to go to the movies anymore, and why their HTs are so much better.

Rule #46: Take a drink whenever someone bitches about the Academy in the Academy thread.

Rule #47: Take a drink whenever someone bitches in the Music forum about all the crap that the record industry is churning out nowadays and how everything was so much better 20+ years ago.

Rule #48: Take a drink whenever someone in After Hours Lounge tries to publicly offset their abysmal self-esteem by making sweeping statements such as "most people are stupid/sheep", "most people cannot drive/park/think/whatever".

Rule #49: Take a drink whenever someone says "teenagers are stupid".

Rule #50: Take a drink whenever someone feels the need to justify their dislike of a classic with disclaimers such as "Don't get me wrong, I LIKED Citizen Kane and 8 1/2" in order to avoid the impending onslaught from the "It's a CLASSIC, if you don't like it, you MUST be a dumbass pimple-faced 15 year old with MTV-induced ADD" crowd.

--
Holadem

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Rule #51: Take three drinks for every "IBTL."

Rule #52: Take a drink whenever someone asks whether 12-gauge lamp cord from Home Depot is okay for use as speaker wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks