What's new

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey - Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I am extremely glad Howard Shore did this score and that The Hobbit theme from The Lord of the Rings trilogy is here. For me, as much as anything else, the score will tie this trilogy with the LOTR trilogy.
The Fellowship of the Ring is one of my top twenty scores, and although I've only been listening to this new Hobbit score for a couple weeks, it is right up there with Return of the King and The Two Towers.
And there are two more Hobbit scores to look forward to within the next two years!

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
I've enjoyed what I've listened to so far. Some different and interesting cues among the familiar sounding tracks.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've heard multiple reports from people who have screened The Hobbit Pt 1 in HFR 3-D that some are getting motion sick. I am listening to the score, imagining the music that might accompany such scenes. I, of course, read about this motion sickness business after spending $30 on two HFR 3-D midnight showing tickets!

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Any rumors yet of an 'Extended Edition Soundtrack' with hirez multichannel DVD-A (or SACD), same as were released for each of the LOTR movies? I'm assuming if so that the first one would appear around next Holiday season.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The score I got for THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY was a 2-disc set with a run time of just over two hours. Seemed like everything was there, but I can't say I have checked it cue-for-cue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks