What's new

The Good Wife - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Diane. The slap. Alicia's reaction to the slap. All the different emotions which register on Alicia's face as she resolves to move forward (what other outcome could there be?).

Margulies better win the Emmmy this year. And the writing this season is as sharp as ever.

I'm still wondering, maybe a little naive, but what did "The Slap" mean? I often read to much into things, then other times I'm clueless.

It's basic fictional entertainment, but it's fun. Probably shouldn't shouldn't get to carried away about little details.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm still wondering, maybe a little naive, but what did "The Slap" mean? I often read to much into things, then other times I'm clueless.
The slap meant that Diane was really, really pissed at Alicia for getting Lucca to publicly accuse Kurt of an affair on the stand during the most high profile trial of the year.

Depending on your interpretation, she was particularly furious because the accusation was true and it pierced the perfect bubble Diane and Kurt had crafted around each other, or she was particularly furious because the accusation wasn't true and they put a good man through a travesty when he only testified in the first place as a favor to Diane.

Either way, it forced an uncomfortable moment of self-reflection upon Alicia.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
The slap meant that Diane was really, really pissed at Alicia for getting Lucca to publicly accuse Kurt of an affair on the stand during the most high profile trial of the year.

Depending on your interpretation, she was particularly furious because the accusation was true and it pierced the perfect bubble Diane and Kurt had crafted around each other, or she was particularly furious because the accusation wasn't true and they put a good man through a travesty when he only testified in the first place as a favor to Diane.

Okay, now it makes sense, thank you.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, CBS really wants to get their CBS All Access service more new content in addition to the new Star Trek. Yet no one is willing to pay to subscribe.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow, CBS really wants to get their CBS All Access service more new content in addition to the new Star Trek. Yet no one is willing to pay to subscribe.

It's "television." More specifically, it's "CBS."

While I know it's nothing more than a money-hungry attempt to convince viewers to take a 2nd bite at their apple, it reminds me more of a mediocre writer who can't self-edit and wants to push all their sub-par words onto an unsuspecting reader. Who/what suffers in that scenario? Everyone and every thing.

You're CBS. If you have original programming to share with your customers, air it on your "tiffany" network. :rolleyes: mTHAT'S where it belongs.

I'll wait for the discs to get released.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee

There is another interpretation. In prior episodes Diane acted like someone fairly sure an affair occurred, but there was never an explicit admission [at least not for our eyes]. But with Kurt under oath and subject to cross-examination, the silence on the subject made the implicit explicit. So not only was it true and 'burst their bubble' for the public, it also put Kurt through unnecessary airing of laundry in return for his rule bending and accommodation on Diane's behalf.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
As much as I love Christine Baranski, Diane isn't the character I'd most want to see the next chapter for. And the CBS All Access thing is a deal breaker for me.
Definite deal breaker. The thing they should do with CBS All Access is that everyone who pays for CBS television through CBS' fees on cable or satellite should get it for free.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Final EMMY nominations:
Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series - "End"
Outstanding Costumes For A Contemporary Series, Limited Series Or Movie - "End"
Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series - Michael J. Fox as Louis Canning
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama Series - Carrie Preston as Elsbeth Tascioni

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Final EMMY nominations:
Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series - "End"
Outstanding Costumes For A Contemporary Series, Limited Series Or Movie - "End"
Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series - Michael J. Fox as Louis Canning
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama Series - Carrie Preston as Elsbeth Tascioni

That's a rather disappointingly short list.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That's a rather disappointingly short list.
I thought the same thing. I am VERY disappointed that members of the acting branch of the Academy didn't deem Julianna Margulies' work in the final season award-worthy. CHristine Baranski and Alan CUmming didn't make the list either nor did the series.

Is House of Cards REALLY that good?

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I thought the series finale one of the weakest (and certainly most unsatisfying) that I have ever seen. I don't think I'm the only one. I think they turned Alicia into a person I didn't want to see and maybe others didn't either. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So, of course, I stuck the DVDs of Season 7 of TGW in my Amazon cart as soon as it was available. But I have not yet pulled the trigger to actually pre-order it because the price continues to hover around $49.99!

It is currently $44.21.

I'm not going anywhere near it for that price.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
With ya all the way, Neil. And be sure that a spinoff to TGW would be something I'd really want to see.

But I'll wait until it hits disc. I don't want to pay for my TV content (any more than I already am--for cable).

I wonder if any of The Good Wife fans on the HTF will pick up All Access just to see the show.

I know Star Trek fans are also facing this dilemma as a new ST series gets underway. but, personally, I think CBS is making a mistake.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm a HUGE fan of The Good Wife, but I'll wait for discs of the sequel, too. I'm already paying for cable and Netflix. That's enough.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Meanwhile...there's word that the spinoff of The Good Wife will begin production next month.

Not only will Diane and Lucca be the central figures, Louis Canning may be in the mix as well.

AND...they continue to keep alive the idea that Alicia might also make appearances in the spinoff!

If this is truly a possibility, wish they'd add Kalinda into the mix. With the Alicia character possibly a part of this/maybe not, maybe we can hope Kalinda would be willing to do a spinoff. Maybe just internet rumor stuff but I remember reading that Archie Panjabi and Julianna Marguiles didn't get along, so if Julianna is part of the spinoff, I guess Panjabi would probably pass.

Also liked the "male" Kalinda, Blake something, but he was good in the episodes he showed up in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks