What's new

The Good Wife - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I only watch three shows on CBS. "How I Met Your Mother" is in it's final season, "Person of Interest" I wasn't worried about, which left "The Good Wife" as the remaining question mark. Happy to see that network television's best written drama is going to continue for another season.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That was an amazing episode. Incredible pickup after the Olympic break. Where else do I watch Wally Shawn and be afraid, really afraid of his character?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Wow, what a great episode to start the last run and with the show being so good right now Im really please they have been picked up too.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
DaveF said:
That was an amazing episode. Incredible pickup after the Olympic break.Where else do I watch Wally Shawn and be afraid, really afraid of his character?
Exactly. What they managed to do with his character last season with his first appearance making this nebbish such a enigmatic threat carries over so beautifully now.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
And this week the return of Elsbeth Tascioni (Emmy-winner Carrie Preston). Cannot wait to see her doing her best for Will.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for being so vague with your comments. I'm still waiting for the next two episodes before I watch this arc.
Wonderful news it has been renewed, easily one of my top five favorite shows. Classy, elegant, well written, great actors, I thoroughly enjoy it. Now hoping it comes back for a 7th season.

Easily like NCIS, CSI, ER, etc. The kind of show that could go on for many years and still keep up the quality level.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Be warned that there is college basketball today, so the start time may be delayed an undetermined amount of time. And then next Sunday it will be NCAA tournament basketball which will probably also delay matters.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The script balanced the past and present to such an extraordinary degree, and I think that was one of the fastest hours of television I've seen in quite some time. I did not want it to end.

And any episode that features Carrie Preston's Elsbeth Tascioni jumps to the next level automatically.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I can't think of any other show on television, any, where the 'extra cast' the people you don't see every week have such well fleshed out characters that they blend into the show seamlessly, importing in to the show a unique personality.

I've praised this show for it's smart use of technology and it's handling of social issues, but the way it addresses it's cast with dialogue and characterization is fantastic.

I mean, come on, what other show would have a 10 second clip about a anti-semetic bear in NY Square and have it not stand out like a sore thumb but instead flow with the script.

I love a lot of shows on TV, but top to bottom, this season of 'The Good Wife' is just unbelievable. It's Mad Men Season 1 rarified air good.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A brilliant hour of television from beginning to end. I would not be at all surprised if both Julianna Margulies and Josh Charles chose this episode for their Emmy submissions. Just absolutely terrific work portraying their characters at two very different points in their lives and their relationship with each other. Not to mention additional insight into the overbearing weight that Jackie used to be in Alicia's life.

Everything about Elsbeth Tascioni and her reaction to the antisemitic guy in the bear suit was absolute gold. Loved that she was ultimately the one who locked down the high-profile lawyer jumping ship with $60 million worth of business.

The stunt with the DOJ guy using Jim Moody to falsely create the appearance of conspiracy instantly gets you back on Will's side, even though it was just a reaction to Elsbeth's own tricky stunt. The thing about declaring yourself on the side of truth and justice is that you actually have to act in pursuit of truth and justice. The fact that the DOJ guy is willing to settle for the appearance of truth as a means to what his gut is telling him is justice makes me loath him in that special way reserved for self-righteous hypocrites and tyrants.

If I had any complaint about the hour, it's that we didn't get to properly hear her speech. After all of that build-up, it would have been nice for the episode to break a moment and let us appreciate it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was happy for Elsbeth, but sad and disappointed for myself as I was hoping the Jill Hennessy character was joining the show on a recurring basis by going with Alicia and Cary.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another great hour. It was interesting to see more of how Alicia was hired from Will's point of view. This reinforces how he felt she betrayed him in leaving the firm. I can hardly wait for next week's episode.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Absolutely stunned, shaken, speechless at tonight's events. Can't really articulate all the mix of emotions I'm feeling, but they sure caught me by surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks