What's new

THE GOLDEN GIRLS: Season Four on FEBRUARY 14th, 2006! (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
you know what I'm oddly wondering now?

Season 1 came out the same day Seinfeld's 1-3 came out, season 2 came out the same day Seinfeld 4, season 3 will be out the same day as Seinfeld's 5-6.... maybe we're going to finish Golden Girls and get season 7 on the same day we get Seinfeld's 8-9 NEXT November (assuming GG s5 comes out in May in time for Sein 7). Beginning and finishing the last day, how cute... plus that's two of my absolute favorite sitcoms.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If they follow the pattern, GP should be out February 2007, but don't quote me on that.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

HAHA! I was so concerned that I would type 2005 in the title, that I didn't even notice it in the body of the paragraph! haha

Andy

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

the jury is still out if I want that or not. To me, GP was never in the same breath as the original, but since there were a few Dorothy appearences and there was an episode with Margaret Cho, I might get it still.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'd say the box art looks pretty good. I still object to the fact that this is the epitomy of an ensemble cast but we have yet to see them together in a photo on any of the box covers. Plus no extras, bloopers, behind the scenes docs, etc. I'm thrilled to have what might be my favorite show ever but it's yet another classic sitcom being given the shaft just like M*A*S*H, All In The Family, etc.

Blanche (picking up dirty dishes after a party): "You know what I hate most after a party ?"

Rose: "Trying to find your underwear in the big pile ?"

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I hope that Buena Vista will release The Golden Palace. It was never as good as Girls, but it was still fun.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
YAY! I am getting tired of re-watching the same 30 eppy's on Lifetime and trying to find something "new" on the first or second season sets.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
SitcomsOnline.com has a review up: The episodes appear to vary in running times between 23:30 and 24:30, but I think that's normal; It was around this time that more commercials started to creep into network TV. The later seasons episodes should be about 23 minutes.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I can't say for sure but I agree that ep times do sometimes vary. GG did several 2-part episodes so perhaps some of the 2nd part episodes are missing the "last time on The Golden Girls" opening.

So far the show has been presented uncut so I'm assuming that's how these will be. And like Blanche, I'll be using "nature's credit card" to pay for this set. I never leave home without it. :b

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Season five will be out on 9th May, and will apparently include some commentaries from Betty White.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
which episodes will have commentary on season 5? I could see Betty doing one for "72 Hours" since that's probably her most famous s5 episode

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
My guess is that if all 3 ladies do commentaries then they would be for separate episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks