What's new

The Golden Girls on DVD (1 Viewer)

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
So there you go then... no DVD release until either the repeats start doing worse or Lifetime loses the rights to the Golden Girls. :frowning:

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Well that's pure speculation isn't it.
Until we hear otherwise, I'll believe reindeer know how to fly ;)

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Andy once your petition hitd 10,000 signatures someone should print that out and send it to Disney or Buena Vista or whoever, maybe it would help a little...?

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for your e-mail regarding GOLDEN GIRLS. We appreciate your interest. We apologize for the delayed response.

We try to reply promptly to all inquires. However, given the high volume of mail we receive, sometimes our response can be delayed.

GOLDEN GIRLS Series has not been released on video or DVD, and we do not have any information regarding an expected release for this title. We will let our Marketing Department know of your interest.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions concerning our videos and DVD's, or if you would like to purchase one of our movies.

You may contact us by e-mail or by calling 800 723-4763 or our Canadian toll-free number 888 877-BVHE.

Regards,

BVHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I thought that TV on DVD has had negligible negative impact on syndication. I was under the impression that syndication continues to do as well as it always had. No?

If they can look at a Seinfeld release for later this year (considering the syndication license fees), surely Golden Girls on Lifetime can handle the DVD competition.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Well I do know that I personally would not watch Golden Girls episodes on TV that I had on DVD because Lifetime cuts so much out of it, and also doesn't use the original openings except in a couple episodes...

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Another point I thought of was that if they did the DVds now, they would be able to have special features done by Betty White, Rue McClanahan, and (if she agrred to, but I doubt she would) Bea Arthur. I'd love to hear a couple cast sommentaries on some of the classic episodes! They only have a few years left where they'd be able to do these!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks