What's new

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011) - quick review (1 Viewer)

Chuck King

Agent
The Swedish version has a much more accurate resolution to the core mystery than does the Hollywood version.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the movie. However, I had just finished the book, so my impression would of been different if all the small details were not so fresh. I tend to believe the 2nd book, while not as good as the 1st book, will make a better movie. There are more scenes that revolve around something happpening, other than converstations between people.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I heard that the sequels would not adhere stringently to the books, but would try to streamline the screenplay to keep it moving at a good pace.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Patrick Sun said:
I heard that the sequels would not adhere stringently to the books, but would try to streamline the screenplay to keep it moving at a good pace.
The Girl Who Played With Fire will be an easy adaptation. It's analogous to The Two Towers. It moves along quite well as a novel. The third film will be the hardest to adapt if they try to keep dual storylines since Lisbeth is, without spoiling anything, not with Mikael;) Hornet's Nest should be a showcase for Mikael to shine -- he is the only one investigating. Pacing is everything and there are some great sequences in that book. But, I hope they give us some time to breath and reflect (my only problem with Dragon Tattoo, besides the exposition). They can (and should) leave Erica's sub-plot out -- it adds nothing to the Mikael/Lisbeth story except to underline the "men who hate" woman theme.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
^ Agreed. They can't take Neidermann out of the story. The second book will make an awesome movie, and I REALLY want Fincher to do it. Without spoiling anything, I would just love to see his take on the whole climax of that book. It's completely in his wheelhouse, with the potential for some incredible imagery to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks