THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS on BD, when?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ernest, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Ernest

Ernest Supporting Actor

When is this really good movie based on a true story going to be released on Blu-ray? The movie stars Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas people with very different personalities who team up to try to kill two man eating lions. The lions were blamed for over 35 deaths mostly workers building a railroad. The US release was in the early stages of DVD and is "Letterbox". The region 2 DVD is anamorphic widescreen 16 x 9 very good for DVD's but a far cry from Blu-ray quality.

Mark Walker likes this.
  2. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer
    Supporter

I agree. Just watching it tonight; I was shocked to find my region 1 DVD is not anamorphically-enhanced. This film is as good as I remember, with great characters, and is in dire need of a Blu-ray.

Matt Hough likes this.
  3. Jari K

Jari K Producer

I like this movie. BD release, please!

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    Excellent music score too. I would buy this film, as with all true stories things have been changed for dramatic purposes.

Hopefully they will go back to the original 2.40:1 aspect ratio as the dvd is cropped to 2.00:1 and i would like a brand new film scan, if they use the old master they have then i fear the image quality will have baked in issues which are unacceptable for blu ray.

AshJW likes this.
  5. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I haven't watched my DVD in a long time, so I didn't remember it was a non-anamorphic transfer. Then, we DEFINITELY need a Blu-ray upgrade!

Mark Walker and Neil Middlemiss like this.