What's new

The Galloping Gourmet (1 Viewer)

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
I think part of the reason this isn't out is Graham Kerr has moved on. He doesn't disown the show, but he and his wife suffered some bad health and and as a result he changed his culinary methods. I'm guessing he doesn't want people associating him with unhealthy (at least in his mind) eating and cooking habits. He does have a website (www.grahamkerr.com) where he sells his cookbooks and a more recent set of DVDs.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
It could be Graham himself, but could also be that CJOH owns the series too since It was shot there, which is the reason that YCDTOTV (You Can't Do That On Television ) hasn't't been released either. I know Graham has moved onto a Healthy lifestyle now, but I know plenty of fans who loved to see this series on DVD. I saw somewhere on youtube, that Japan has a DVD collection, so why isn't't the collection available state side?

Here is the clip from youtube.

elec08

Agent
Real Name
Todd Emery
Originally Posted by Steve_Pannell

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Eats-Complete-First-Season/dp/B003IX200Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1280592842&sr=8-1

You said name one.

There are a lot more.

I said a cooking show. Good Eats is not a cooking show.

elec08

Agent
Real Name
Todd Emery
No, it isn't a cooking show. How much time does he spend cooking? It's not a cooking show.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As Guy notes in his links, Julia Child has seen a few releases on DVD (along with other chefs).

The French Chef most certainly is a cooking show and hold up amazingly well given its age.

I caught a couple episodes a few months ago on my local PBS affiliate (episodes which also featured Jacques Pepin) and they were extremely informative...and great fun. I set up my DVR to record more...but they seem to have disappeared from my local PBS affiliate.

The French Chef

The French Chef 2

The Way to Cook

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks