Will K

Screenwriter
Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Naked Gun 1 & 2 1/2

Airplane!

A Fish Called Wanda

Blazing Saddles

Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert

Oh what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies!

DanaA

Screenwriter
Some of the Pink Panther series had me laughing out loud over and over, which I rarely do.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I too rarely laugh out loud at movies but I did laugh out loud several times at two 'Stand up live performance concerts'. One was Eddie Murphy's "Raw", The other was Spike Lee's "Kings of Comedy".

As far as regular movies go, the much maligned "Pootie Tang" got more than a few chuckles from me. I think I was the only one though.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
A Christmas Story, Midnight Run, The Naked Gun, A Fish Called Wanda, and several of The Pink Panther movies make me laugh out loud.
And, more recently, I really enjoyed Best in Show. Fred Willard especially had me in stitches! :laugh:

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
All my favorites have been mentioned--"Monty Python and the Holy Grail," "Naked Gun," "This is Spinal Tap," and "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." I would also add "The Life of Brian."

The hardest I ever laughed during a movie was the first time I saw the scene in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" where Lancelot storms the castle. It actually hurt.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The first Pink Panther movie. I saw it in the theatre, and I remember a moment when my belly was aching so much, I hoped there wouldn't be another funny moment for a at least a minute.

(When I saw the movie again many years later, on TV, the magic appeared to be gone...).

Cees

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
My personal choice is National Lampoon's Animal House. Knowing all the classic scenes, the anticipation makes me laugh now. Good thread...great movies;)
Take care,
Chuck

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Now that plenty of replies are here...
The funniest movie, IMO, is a tie between....
Arsenic and Old Lace and Sherlock Jr..
Reverend Harper: Have you ever tried to persuade him that he wasn't Teddy Roosevelt?
Abby Brewster: Oh, no.
Martha Brewster: Oh, he's so happy being Teddy Roosevelt.
Abby Brewster: Oh... Do you remember, Martha, once, a long time ago, we thought if he'd be George Washington, it would be a change for him, and we suggested it.
Martha Brewster: And do you know what happened? He just stayed under his bed for days and wouldn't be anybody.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Based strictly on laughs per film:
As a kid, The Disorderly Orderly. As an adult, a tie between Bananas and Annie Hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks