What's new

The Fugitive: Season 4 Vol. 2 (1 Viewer)

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fugitive-The-Complete-Series/15811 They are now offering a complete series edition of the Fugitive called the Most Wanted Edition !

markHey

Grip
Real Name
mh
Well thanks to Netflix, I watched every single episde and finally made it to the end of this series, having never watched a single show before, I was aware of the premise and heard good things about the show..what I was not prepared for was some really remarkable and intense TV episodes..All 4 seasons were really great, of course the standouts being the 1st couple of seasons..I could sit thru 4 or 5 episodes at a time, which shows how captivating it was..although on the downside, it almost became comical as to how he would escape Gerrard or local police after awhile.. But, the last episode..while it was very entertaining and intense, a couple of things that had me bewildered...first ,
all along, there
was another guy there watching this, and he never says anything
, this was truely wtf moment and then when
Gerrard hands Kimble a gun
, pretty much against everything he did in this show..while this didnt ruin the experience, I dont see why the writers resorted to this , they didnt need to..

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Originally Posted by gusro12 /t/306590/the-fugitive-season-4-vol-2/270#post_3847803

[The following is erroneous information, corrected below. Please ignore]

You have to use the [CC] "Close Captioned" option on your television. There are no DVD subtitles on either of the Season 4 sets.

Harry

gusro12

Auditioning
Real Name
Gustavo
look i'm from southamerica and i need the subtitles so i can translate it to spanish , and in this forum i found someone talking about this last dvd,that it has no cc only subtitles

gusro12

Auditioning
Real Name
Gustavo
someone in this forum says that the dvd has subtitles and no cc is that true? where can i find the subtitles?

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Crap. I got it backwards - sorry about that. The OLDER disc sets only have CC and the Season 4 sets have subtitles. (Easy to confuse when you generally use neither!)

Access the subtitles by going to the "Set Up" menu and turning on the "English For The Hard Of Hearing". Or, some DVD/Blu-Ray players will simply allow you to turn them on or off with a button on the remote.

Again. Sorry for the confusion. Season Four has subtitles. All others use [CC] Closed Captioning.

Harry

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I've given my best shot at an answer above (and apologized for earlier mis-information), so I don't know how else to answer your question except to say: "Usually at the bottom of the screen." :)

Harry

gusro12

Auditioning
Real Name
Gustavo
To Harry : is simple, i live in south america and i can' t get the original dvd , i went to a store and they said they can get me the dvd but they could't get me the dvd , so i'm downloading it by torrent , but i can't get the subtitles , if i had the subtitles i can translate it to spanish , so people in south america can enjoy it in good quality with subtitles ,because in south america is not for sale and the original dvd has no subtitles in spanish and no audio in spanish , you got it?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by gusro12

To Harry : is simple, i live in south america and i can' t get the original dvd , i went to a store and they said they can get me the dvd but they could't get me the dvd , so i'm downloading it by torrent , but i can't get the subtitles , if i had the subtitles i can translate it to spanish , so people in south america can enjoy it in good quality with subtitles ,because in south america is not for sale and the original dvd has no subtitles in spanish and no audio in spanish , you got it?
Regardless of your motives, or the lack of Spanish subtitles, what you are proposing is illegal and we do no allow discussions of torrenting or other copy write violation method here. Please consider this your only warning.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Okay, we've just gotten huge, huge news from TVShowsonDVD.com. It looks like the upcoming Complete set is going to have the original music restored! Check out the article on the guys site for more info, but this is just incredible!!!!

Gary "thanks to Gord and Dave for getting to the bottom of this and sharing the great news - you guys are the best!" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm glad to hear the check involves episodes other than S2 V1 that were "corrected" by the later release which I guess confirms that this is now as intact as it can get. I will be using up my bonus points from Amazon to knock down the price on this for me to the lowest level and order it for release date since I won't wait until Christmas to have a fixed version! Now if only CBS/Paramount would do the same thing for "The Odd Couple"........

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I think this is a bold move on the studio's part, even if it is also the right move for fans. I may be wrong (and will happily admit so) but I've always thought that if they took this approach they would see an initial reaction of "way to go, I'm in for the new set" followed by a second wave of "I'm reluctantly in, but they should have done it right the first time", and ending with "I bought it once, I shouldn't have to buy it again, I want mine replaced". Potentually, just leading to another backlash from the loudest consumers (the unhappiest). I have the original season sets that have so far gone unwatched while I waited to see how it all panned out. So i will trade them in with the idea of being in group one and getting the new complete set with hopefully a majority of the music fixed. I have never watched this show before so it will be high on my list to start watching once the new set ir released. As I also said once before, I'm not surprised by a low profile announcement. The majority of fans that would belong to sites like this will know soon enough and most likely buy the new set, even if some would grumble. But i wouldn't think they would want to overly emphasize it since that is how they could get the most negative flack from those wanting all out replacements. Just my take.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Since I'm not very confident on how the new set will be packaged, based on the presentation we have seen so far (looks like it could be disks in cardboard sleeves). I'm going to scan my current covers before trading them in so that if need be I can recreate the older set storage approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks