The Fugitive: Season 3 Vol.2

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Roy Wall, Sep 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny

The problem with the studios is that the legal departments are afraid of passing any incidental presence of music that would be "fair use" as they just don't want the headaches to defend it. It's easier to snip-snip-snip and disapoint a handful of buyers.

When will one of the majors take a stand and defend their constitutional rights. A commercial work does have the same rights to use fair use as a non-commercial one.

A line or two with the words of a song,an actor whistling or humming a tune unintental music in the background of the scene that wasn't planned or expected - These are "fair use" as they do not take away from the actual music work.

Take that scene cut from that Adams Family episode where Mortisha is sining a parody of "It's nice to have a man around a house" as "It's nice to have a thing around the house" - They CUT it on the DVD release (and mind us, it was on previous VHS and LD releases) IT'S BLOODY FREEKIN PARODY - which is protected by the consitution and fair use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_v._Acuff-Rose_Music,_Inc.

2. JLKINSER

JLKINSER Stunt Coordinator

Hey Paramount, it's August!!! Where is the exciting news for The Fugitive?????? PLEASE tell us that is it a Complete Series release WITH ALL the ORIGINAL music in place.

3. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I'll settle for the Complete Season Four.

4. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson Screenwriter

Actually no. The news will be that all classic TV production is being halted so facilities can concentrate on the massive "Complete and Continuing Reporting, Interviews and Repartee of Julie Chen." According to sources, it tested great with CBS execs!

5. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Take this bit of speculative information for what it's worth but I think its worth noting. This whole flap over music replacement in "The Fugitive" started because of CBS/Paramount's paranoia over Capitol library cues because they supposedly had no way of knowing who the current rights holders to the Capitol library were.

In recent months fans of classic TV and movie soundtracks have been greeted to the news that a number of film and TV LP's originally released by Capitol are now going to be reissued on CD in limited editions. It seems to me that if a couple small film music labels can learn who the rightsholders to the Capitol library are by this point, a company like CBS/Paramount should be able to have that figured out at last and *if* that is the case, then maybe the legal hurdle they were so worried about could be cleared for a *possible* reissue of everything done right. At the very least we shouldn't have to worry about any replacement (I would think) for S4.

6. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
  7. derosa

derosa Supporting Actor

Grant
    Is the reference to "Composer Dominic Frontiere" a good sign?

8. Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen Screenwriter

Doug Wallen

I hope so!

Doug

9. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    No mention of music in what was released today sure doesn't seem like a good sign to me.

The people that are going to see something like that announcement are aware of the issues with this series and I would think if anything has been done to rectify past problems, they'd be letting us know early on.

10. shadyguy

shadyguy Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone know Season 4 was being released ?

This seemed to just come out of the blue !!

11. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
  12. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard

I checked in this folder and the post I made was posted before this new thread was started. Announcement posts have been made in new threads in the past, when there were already existing threads.

13. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.

Yes indeed. You did post in this thread before I made a new one. I just felt that an exciting new release like Season Four, Volume One deserved its own new thread, since this one is titled and is properly about Season Three, Volume Two.

I personally have no problem discussing the new release here, but it just seems more organized - and searchable for future reference - in its own thread. I guess that's the Capricorn in me showing!

Harry