What's new

THE FUGITIVE, Season 2, Vol. 1 - Replacement Program Announced (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I've gone to Amazon to re-do my scathing review based on this news. I suggest that others do the same.

If CBS/Paramount can go back and fix their discs, IMHO the least we can do is go back and "fix" the bad reviews we've given them. I can understand a wait-and-see attitude, and that makes sense. My feeling is that I'm informing others there of the replacement program, and will update again if the replacement discs warrant it.

Harry

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant

Indeed! Gord & David are the source of much great news!

Add me to the list of those who never thought this would happen.
It makes my day, and knowing that S2V2 is fixed, that's just great!

-g

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
This is great news for the fans that has this set (or getting it anytime soon). Unfortunately that still leaves people out. What about anyone that gets the set after September 1st 2009??

This is a series I considered checking out for a long time now... too young to have seen it when it originally aired and never seen a single episode in syndication. So I would want to see this series in order... there is no way I would be able to get up to season 2 vol 1 before the end of the allowed replacement date. Oh well... I guess if I do like this show I will be doomed to have the discs with the replaced score.

EDIT: Not to mention... What do you do if you don't have access to a printer? There is not a printer anywhere in our house.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I could have sworn the first complaint would have been from an international customer who is not eligible for the replacement program.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Great news! Paramount did the right thing and I will happily buy this now.

I bet Gary OS will be ecstatic when he reads this.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I expected that as well. Unfortunately international people run the risk of these things all the time - the discs aren't licensed to be sold internationally, so the companies can't be expected to support international customers.

Christian, hopefully you have a friend in the US/Canada that could receive the DVDs for you.

Gord

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
First, my thanks to Gord and Dave. I bow at your feet and humbly ask that you continue to bestow your graces upon Classic TV on DVD. I have no doubt you guys were instrumental in helping to make this happen!

Second, I thank everyone that contributed (in a civil way) to making CBS/P aware of our displeasure. No doubt the articles, online communities, and many letters helped the cause. All of you are to be commended.

Wow! I'm just flabbergasted. Harry, you deserve props for having the faith to believe this was possible. Good job, my friend.

Finally, thanks to CBS/P for listening to the fans on this issue.

Gary "man, I just can't believe this is happening" O.

P.S. Just saw Travis's shout out to me! You bet I'm ecstatic, buddy!!!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Harry, you are on such a roll I'm going to ask that you be optimistic that I receive a one million dollar check in the mail sometime within the next few months. LOL

Gary "hey, after this news anything is possible" O.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
CBS Paramount took a lot of deserved criticism on the season 2, volume 1 release, but now that they have come clean and are doing the right thing in restoring as much of the music as their ownership allows, maybe it's time to send the folks there a thank you for listening to the fans. Just yesterday, this series was dead in the water and today, by this action, I think it's reasonable that we'll actually see this series completed. Thank you, CBS Paramount!

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant

April fools comes early? I'm sure if you REALLY want the replacement set, you will somehow find a solution. Afterall, you got connected to the internets somehow.

Did I miss the memo that we're coming up with excuses as to why this somehow bad news?

-g

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
To the person who asked if Mark Heyes' name is still there, count me among those who don't care. I never had any ill feeling toward the man in the first place. He was a guy getting paid to do a job, and he did try to make it fit. In many places, the synthesizer sound sabotaged him, and the score in any event wasn't a patch on the original.

Still, I suspect that some of his score is still there. I suspect that CBS was able to get all the original Rugolo and CBS library stuff clarified and cleared. That left the Capitol cues, and that's where Heyes probably still is.

But that's "inside baseball," and I've got no problems. Anyone for a chorus of "Everything Is Beautiful"?

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Absolutely stupendous news--I'll be glad to purchase the set now in order to get the replacement discs. This took me by such surprise that I was tempted to check out snopes.com as it seemed to have all the trappings of a new urban legend!

Guess I check out The Google myself and see what the best price is these days for S2 vol. 1!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I never in no way said this was anything other then good news. All I was showing is that even though this is great news... IMO the way they are doing it will not help everyone in US & Canada. Since they are not fixing this in the retail sets... and you have only one way to get the replacement discs some people will not be able to get these replacement discs.

They give us till September 1 2009 to send this stuff in. What about after that? You are just out of luck?.. you don't get to have your sets corrected?

Not everyone's situation is the same... because of a disability I don't drive and don't have a printer in the house. So being able to find some way of getting the form printed out would be a headache at the very best for me.

Now if they were fixing the retail sets... and also had... say a phone number to call so you can get the form or another way to be able to send in the proof of purchase I would say yes... they are doing all they can to fix this problem. But they way it seems to me... this is just a temporary fix for a few months... for a portion of the people that get the sets. I am personally more concerned about the fact that this ends in September and they are not fixing the retail sets then I am about the form... but I also wanted to show that can be a problem for some too.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I want this thread to have nothing but good vibes, so I'm going to word this one little point I'd like to make very carefully. We've been joking just a tad about who was right and who was wrong in relation to what we were all expecting, music wise, from Season 2, V. 2. And Harry did, from all appearances, guess correctly. But I have to point out that it's just bizarre that CBS/Paramount didn't announce the corrections in the original press release. That just seems so strange to me. I'm almost thinking they were still working on the changes, maybe even without knowing for sure it was a done deal, when they issued the presser for Season 2, Volume 2. If they knew for sure they had the replacement program in place and would be using the original backscore again, I just don't get why they wouldn't trumpet that fact from the proverbial rooftops. Seems strange to me after all the bad press they wouldn't go out of their way to make this known at the time they released the presser to outlets like Gord and Dave's place.

Anyhow, just wanted to get that out there. Now back to your regularly scheduled celebrations about this fantastic news. Again, thanks to everyone and to CBS/Paramount.

Gary "making arrangements to send in for my replacement discs now" O.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
This is a good news/bad news situation for me.

Good news: CBS/P has come through big time on good customer service in both fixing the problem and preventing it from happening again. They really do deserve to be commended for this,

Bad news: Now I actually have to cave and buy The Fugitive before September to take advantage of this! Half joking, half serious, in these economic times, it's still something to be considered.

I am thrilled for everyone who worked constructively to make CBS aware of this and got it fixed. My hat is off and warmest congrats to you all.

Now, about My 3 Sons... ;)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Here's a little update - I have someone very familiar with the music watching the episodes, and he's heard some of the Mark Heyes music, so not all of it is gone. My best guess is that there's a library that caused them problems (the reason for the replacement in the first place), and this music is still left out of the new discs.

Just want people to be aware of it.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks