What's new

"The Fugitive: Season 1, Volume 1" -- A Personal Review (1 Viewer)

michael_ks

Screenwriter

I had a difficult time placing a name to the face until I looked her up on IMDB.com. I suspected Ms. Nettleton may have appeared in the TZ episode "The Midnight Sun", and sure enough, that's her. The only tv/dvd episode I have where she made an appearance is in the "Naked City" episode "Debt of Honor". But I'll look forward to catching her performance in "The Fugitive" whenever S2, vol. 1 gets released.

Agree with you, Hank as far as Suzanne Pleshette's place among the small screen sirens. She fits in nicely in the company of Joanne Linville and Susan Oliver with her alluring and wispy charms. I was always captivated by Suzanne's unique throaty voice--it's one you can never mistake.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I see so many of my favorite series of the '50s, '60s, and '70s when I look over their credits. Lois guest-starred in three episodes of The Fugitive.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Ms. Nettleton also appeared in the Season 4 episode "Death Is The Door Prize" with Mr. Ossie himself. Oh, the difference of color filming by the 1966-7 season: Ms. Nettleton's crystal blue eyes really stood out in that episode. I also enjoyed the chemistry she and Mr. Janassen had with one another as well. At 39 in 1966, she looked exceptionally beautiful. :)

I also loved Ms. Pleshette's baby blue eyes as well. I previously pulled up the All The Scared Rabbits episode from Season 3. Even on black and white film, Miss Suzanne's baby blue eyes came through sharp in that particular episode even more so than they did during World's End from Season 2.

In watching both episodes, the chemistry between Mr. Janssen and Ms. Pleshette was self-evident--particularly rabbits, where the truth and depth of their friendship seared through sharply and brightly during their two kissing scenes together. Miss Suzanne even remarked on how fine a kisser The Fuge was as well--shamelessly! :D

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
This thread has turned into a memorial of sorts, and now I've read on Barry Morse's official site that he passed away Saturday at age 89.:frowning:

Farewell, Lt. Gerard, and RIP.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Oh, wow. This sure is sad.

I really enjoyed his presence not only during the entire run of The Fugitive, but also on the Nu Ventures Home Videos of the 1990s as well, where he introduced particular episodes as presented on the VHS tapes themselves. His insight was rather keen coming from the direct perspective of an older gentleman which, sadly, we can NEVER have from Mr. Janassen himself.

And to think...he even had a cameo appearance in the 1993 Harrison Ford movie where he spots Ford's Kimble on the streets and starts running after him. Unfortunately, it was cut from the final product. :frowning:

Farethewell, Lt. Gerrard. You had one 'well of a chase in this life.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
R.I.P. Mr. Morse.

It's hard to imagine what THE FUGITIVE would have been like without Barry Morse, but thankfully we don't have to.

This is a screen shot of Barry Morse introducing an episode of THE FUGITIVE on the Nu-Ventures Video Tapes from the '80s:

Harry

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very sad to hear about Barry Morse. By all reports, a very classy guy who left a great body of work.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Glad I had a look in this thread. I have skimmed through the review at the start of this thread but it certainly looks thorough.

Were there any music edits to both volumes of Season 1 of The Fugitive? Why I ask is because a few days ago I saw a copy of Season 1: Volumes 1 & 2 on the shelf in my local HMV and Zavvi. I noticed on the back of the box the usual 'these episodes may be edited from their original network versions'. But it also had a 'music edits' warning as well.

Now I thought there weren't any music edits to the Season 1 episodes? Season 2 of course there are. But I didn't think there were any edits to Season 1.

The Season 1: Volumes 1 & 2 box is selling at a good price as well - £15 in Zavvi and £18 in HMV.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
This is not meant in a confrontational/angry way to you or anyone else - well why is there a music edits warning on the back of the boxset?!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There are music edits in the first season sets, but they are all incidental music (bands, jukeboxes, etc.) I have re-edited my discs and restored the original music.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Edit: I added my post before I saw Carabimero's post above mine.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Wave Crest. Carabimero and Ockeghem are right (and my brain must be slipping). I guess the major changes to S2 overshadowed the relatively minor changes in the S1 set for me.

However, that music warning seems to be standard on most Paramount releases whether there is or isn't changes.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I forgot to add that I was talking about the Region 2 set.

So the edits aren't in the same league as those made to the Region 1 sets for Season 2? They're songs changed (different versions).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks