3D The French Line

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by PaulaJ, Jun 14, 2012.

1. PaulaJ

PaulaJ Supporting Actor

I thought fans of vintage 3-D might be interested in this post by the Warner Archive Collection at their Facebook page. :)
    Warner Archive Collection We have a snazzy new master of one irreistible Russell epic that will be making its DVD debut in a few months. We won't go near THE FRENCH LINE, in the hopes that it will have another shot at infamy as a restored 3D Blu-ray from WHV. To release it in 2D now that the technology exists for a 3D presentation would ostensibly be, dare we say, "looking for trouble" :)
    Yesterday at 9:28am

2. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

Well, I'll Be Switched! :)

3. PaulaJ

PaulaJ Supporting Actor

Is that good or bad?
    (Did you mention this somewhere else? ...sorry if I double-posted!)

4. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

Oh no, they mentioned the song "Looking for Trouble" from the finale so I mentioned the song J.R. sang while taking her bath.
    [​IMG]

5. PaulaJ

PaulaJ Supporting Actor

Ah, thank you. I haven't seen this movie so I didn't get the reference. Wonderful lobby card! ;) Jane is always delectable. :) She looks like Esther Williams' sister in that bubble bath and head wrap! ;)

6. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    As I recall, the songs for this and Gentlemen Marry Brunettes are not top drawer, but naturally I'd pay good money to see The French Line in 3D. I never have, only 2D on TV, and that was quite some time ago.

7. Robin9

Robin9 Cinematographer

Robin
    You recall correctly. The songs are not very good but if The French Line comes out on a 3D BRD, I'll buy a 3D projector and trade in my current one. I'll even buy glasses. Jane Russell in 3D!

8. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    They've established before that every 50s 3-D title they own is on the backburner in hopes it can use those features to take advantage of the growing popularity of 3-D television and home video. Dial M for Murder has been confirmed as the first 3-D release by WHV with House of Wax as a likely follow-up. Success in the is venture pretty much rides on how well those sell, and its not a stretch to imagine that those two as big sellers.
    I'm thinking the RKO 3-D features such as The French Line, Second Chance, and Son of Sinbad won't get released until more well-known 3-D titles try their luck first, so it seems like a pretty distant possibility with this one. But at least there's hope.

9. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I'll buy any classic 3D title that comes out first just to show there's demand for more!

10. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Absolutely! If they'll do their part, I'll do my part.

11. RKR1970

RKR1970 Agent

If it comes out in 2D on Warner Archive release, I would still like to have both version of Jane's last number on the disc! :D