The Fly Movies @ amazon.ca

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by CraigF, Jul 30, 2003.

1. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    I know there's a The Fly (Cronenberg) SE coming out "sometime", but AFAIK no scheduled date yet.

In the meantime, amazon.ca has The Fly/Return of the Fly and The Fly/Fly 2 Fox double feature discs for Cdn$11.19 each. These are all anamorphic WS transfers, and aren't bad at all, few extras. amazon lists these as available in the first week of Sept., I guess when the new prices take effect, these are substantiallly more expensive now in stores. So you can own all the 4 Fly movies for ~US$16, not bad for those who are curious about IMO the lesser quality Fly 2 and the rarely seen Return of the Fly. Good late night stuff, especially both versions of The Fly.

2. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Thanks for the head's up. Unfortunately, their shipping price to the US (> CDN$11 for both discs) pretty much cancels out the decent price on it. Total price with shipping (after a $5 coupon I had) was still ~US$21, about average at US-based e-tailers/B&Ms, which I'd rather order from.

3. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Oh, that's a pain. Well, maybe for anybody in Canada who sees something else they want in Sept. to get the free shipping, and maybe has a coupon... I can recommend The Nightmare Before Christmas SE which is very hard to find, least around here in B&M's, decent flick, decent price, will qualify for the free shipping with the other 2. The B&M's out here are often very slow to implement price reductions...like Fly/Fly 2 typically goes for Cdn$21 now here, IMO not worth it when most would buy it mainly for The Fly and it will probably cost Cdn$22 or less when SE released, going by re-releases of other films like this as SE's lately.