What's new

International The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) - September 12, 2016 (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
That Amazon page does not confirm it's the Robert Aldrich version. I hope it is. I notice it's a Eureka disc so that means it'll probably be Zone B locked and very high quality.

Ha, I don't think Eureka would put themselves out to release the poor remake, it's already out on Blu-ray, & Amazon are virtually giving it away (£2.91 Amazon UK). The original is so good, & what a great cast!

Last edited:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
This film's US Blu-ray fate remains a big mystery. Everyone knows Fox licensed it out but no one has announced it and no one has even hinted that they have it. Maybe now that the UK release is known the US licensor will come out of the woodwork and finally reveal the title. But why the mystery?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I suspect Flighf and Cocoon, also announced today by Eureka, are with TT. Eureka also announced Enemy Mine, which I believe was a TT title. We'll see.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Definitely good news. And given that it's Eureka, I'm going to go ahead and place an order as I am not sure when it may or may not appear this side of the pond (if/when it does it's quite possibly going to be from TT as Bob as mentioned above)

Regards

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Great movie, great cast. Very well directed & a timeless story with a unique solution. Cannot wait to buy this in September but again its puzzling why Fox think a classic like this is not worth them distributing globally :rolleyes:

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
12512676_1195496010461093_3914762613504807800_n.jpg

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Definitely good news. And given that it's Eureka, I'm going to go ahead and place an order as I am not sure when it may or may not appear this side of the pond (if/when it does it's quite possibly going to be from TT as Bob as mentioned above)

Regards

I believe that TT has stated that this film is not with them.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Paul - Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure as far as Stateside is concerned. BTW the art work for the Eureka release has me whetting my lips :D - kinda! Roll on September!

Regards

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Any word on an American release? (sorry about resurrecting an old thread). This is one of the big holes in my collection. I grew up loving this film (my Dad was/is a big model aviation buff - I always envisioned him in Hardy Kruger's role).

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Any word on an American release? (sorry about resurrecting an old thread). This is one of the big holes in my collection. I grew up loving this film (my Dad was/is a big model aviation buff - I always envisioned him in Hardy Kruger's role).
Nothing I've seen or heard.....I'm actually shocked Twilight Time hasn't released this yet. All the reviews I've read on the MOC Region B release indicate that the transfer is really good. Unless TT's waiting for Fox to do a new master, I can't imagine why they haven't released this in the US.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Nothing I've seen or heard.....I'm actually shocked Twilight Time hasn't released this yet. All the reviews I've read on the MOC Region B release indicate that the transfer is really good. Unless TT's waiting for Fox to do a new master, I can't imagine why they haven't released this in the US.

I thought I remember reading this in another thread but I couldn't find it. Hopefully TT has it and will release it soon unless like you said they are waiting for a new master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks