What's new

The Final Season of Buffy Announced (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry my comments came off as thread-crapping; that wasn't the intention. I respect other people's opinion about the show, and I was stating my opinions (I didn't write "IMO" but I thought that's implied).

For the record, I liked seasons 6 and 7 better on first viewing. In season 7 I even admit I liked a couple of the Spike-centric episodes at first, but on watching them again I started to resent how Spike was taking screen time away from (IMO) better characters.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
First of all, Tabula Rasa was one of the best episodes in Seasons 5-7. I can't believe someone said it had bad writing..

And what I said was, that I didn't think David Boreanez could play anyone other than Angel. Note, I said ANGEL. Meaning, he can play funny Angel, sad Angel, blah, blah, blah, but I don't think he can play a completely different character. Even then, Joss and Co. wrote some damn fine scripts for both Buffy and Angel, and having good writing is half the battle. I'd like to see him act with horrible writing, but still make it believeable.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Watch Valentine to see him with horrible writing. I doubt even Edward Norton could have saved that script, though.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I agree that the nerds were lame but I think that was the point. That these 3 mostly incompetent fools could in the end wreak such havoc. I still laugh my ass off with all the SW and Bond refs...

But that's just me. And Jaime, you're right... TED was an awesome ep. Ritter RULED in it. (I was fortunate enough to have him at the theater I work at for several months with "The Dinner Party" and he told me he LOVED doing Buffy. I just used it as an example that the metaphor usage in the 1st few seasons was pretty obvious.

And OMWF rules and is perfection IMHO...
I think it works great because they aren't all pro singers, although ASH rules and Sara pulls it off, if they were dubbed over by pros, there'd be no point.
And not tooting my own horn but I have written and performed tunes for years and know how challenging it is to write good tunes and I think Joss's were great and in several styles too which is no mean feat.

And in the end, even bad Buffy bests most anything else on TV so the more the merrier for me. I'm even jonesing for the animated series...!

Peace, y'all....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks