What's new

The Final Countdown - This Week? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Is this Déjà Vu or what?

Called PFE and asked what the latest status is on this title since it was supposed to have been out in January, then February, then early and finally late March. Now they are saying "This Week".

Does anyone get the feeling that this is another "Dinosaur" string-along?

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
In January they were saying it would go out "today or tomorrow". Obviously a bold faced lie.

I wouldn't believe anything they say.

Deane

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Spoke to the "same" woman I always get when I call the 1-800 number at PFE and she gave me the same old song... now they are saying maybe the 1st week in May but still hoping by the end of the month. Her wording was a bit contradictory and she even mentioned getting another lab to "start" getting them out since it was so popular of a title??????

I am not holding my breath on this one and let the buyer beware (those who have already invested their money on the disc).

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
You know, I forgot all about this disc that I have pre-ordered till I was watching Behind Enemy Lines last night.

Talk about pathetic, PFE takes the cake.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I finally got 'The Final Countdown' on region 2 dvd, bare bones just a trailer, widescreen but picture quality very average, sound just dolby surround, but it was very cheap, £5, practically giving them away.

If the region 1 dvd is a lot better I'll buy it again.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
And on that R2 Steve is talking about it's on sale at blackstar.co.uk for 3.99, lbs. that is not $, not bad, I'm thinking about ordering a copy myself.
Thank God for the Brits in time of need !
bodymov'n :cool:

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
I've had The Final Countdown dvd on order since the first week. And, as noted by others in this forum, they charged my CC right away. I've been patient with them so far and left my order in place. But, my patience is wearing thin. If they don't get that dvd out pretty soon, I am going to request a refund from my CC.:frowning:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just got off the phone with the lady from PFE. She stills says it will be out this month(even though their is only 4 days left). I will give them until the end of next week to ship it and then I will cancel. I know I am being real nice. But, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, I'd get the CA members down to picket PFE for their discs. It's obvious to me they were charging cards to author the title, and now they've run out of cash and it's not done, or they just don't have the money to replicate it

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
I wonder what would happen if some California members filed a complaint with the California State consumer protection agency, or who ever looks into these consumer fraud type things.

Deane

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
OK... January came and went... so did February, March and April, all of which were promised release dates for this title. Now we are into May and they are still singing the same old song "Sometime This Month" but with a new twist!
The woman said she held the master in her hand today and said it was beautiful including the cover and that her son said he would make her a VHS copy to watch.. WHAT! :eek:
They are making a product in a medium their own employees don't even support :confused: :confused: :confused:
Does the MPAA know about this "pirating" of a DVD :D
Oh Well...

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Guys, The Final Countdown dvd I bought was Region 0, if that helps any, should work on any dvd player, and it only costs a few quid/dollars to buy.

Def worth getting, unless the region uno version has better specs.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Steve Christou...

I heard that the '0' region version has a horrible transfer not unlike looking at a well worn VHS. And besides, if it is like other Region '0' discs that interest me and has to be shipped from the U.K. to the U.S.A., the price is almost doubles the street value. Now if someone can point me to where I can purchase Region '0' and other region DVD's here in the states, then maybe....

Bryan

Stunt Coordinator
$49.95 @ Amazon for the VHS! Jeez.

I'd love to see a good quality release of this one on DVD.

HankM

Second Unit
I hope all of you get the credit on your credit cards. I would never stand for being charged for an item that you don't own. Not to mention it was originally charged in January 2002. PFE is garbage in my view.
We should all bombard them with nasty e-mail!
:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks