What's new

The Fifth Element SE (CONSOLIDATED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Is the cover art the same for the slip cover and the keepcase? I know some releases the slip cover and case artwork differ like Die Another Day and Bad Boys 2.

The cover art pictured above is hidious.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
IIRC, the cover art for The Fifth Element is the same on the case and the slipcover.

The cover art for Leon is different. Keep that slipcover!!!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
The should have used the very elegant and mysterious '5' that they used in their theater trailers when the film first was shown...just a number 5 floating in a black-space background...it was cool.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Now this is actually what I wanted with Spiderman 2: The Superbit disc & a bonus disc.

Hope this is a trend.

BTW, here's the review from the Digital Bits.

Peace,

DM

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor
So... am I right to venture a guess in saying that the featurette on Moebius is the result of the suit Giraud and Jodorowsky took against Luc Besson over lifting wholesale from "The Incal" (in Heavy Metal Magazine) for the film without credit or payment?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
BTW, Best Buy has this at 15.99 for pre-order. Not sure if the price will go up on release. Interestingly, they don't have Leon in the system (yet).

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
The Bits disappoints me a bit.

They refer to the transfer as reference quality, yet also say it is the same transfer and bitrate as the original Superbit release which we all know WOULD have been true reference quality had it not been marred with edge enhancement.

Hopefully, a few will take a stand and not upgrade due to the fact the transfer has not been upgraded for the "Deluxe" edition.

I can see not being able to resist this if you don't have the movie, but I bought the original release and upgraded to Superbit when I got it for a great price at BB.

I really wish Sony could do away with edge enhancement.

I hope it will be gone when I eventually upgrade to Blu-Ray, but I won't hold my breath. The first release had better not be bare bones either or I'll wait a LOONNNGG time to upgrade again.

I wish I knew some other DVD collectors locally who were as nuts as me. I'd love to borrow disc 2 and check out the special features.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Considering that there are several hours of extra features, you could always just buy it and consider it a documentary about the movie. :) (Heck, you could then sell your old Superbit. . .)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
2 hours of bonus features isn't all that much these days. Admittedly, it's probably enough for this movie. Surprised there isn't more griping about the lack of commentary.(which is often claimed as the other 2 hrs of features) Spider-Man was a Superbit and it had the bonus Tobey Maguire commentary[excuse me while I run around with my index finger making circles above my head.:D]

They should let you build your own deluxe edition and sell the second disc separately.

I typically only watch extras once if at all and am usually most interested in checking out the deleted scenes. I remember the old days when Star Wars was the only thing I'd ever purchased multiple copies of.:)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
That's what I'll probably do...sell my old superbit...

and still no assurance that the DTS audio on the new version is "fixed" in comparison to the audio on the single-disc super-bit???

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I ordered the new release; I don't have a copy of this movie - I think the SB came out when I was busy buying too many other discs, so I'm looking forward to this. But my reason for responding is that I think it would be nice if studios would offer the extras on re-releases separately to those who have bought a version of the movie already.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor

I agree -

Can someone who has compared them confirm if the new DELUXE EDITIONS of both "The Fifth Element" and "Leon" are better or worse than the older versions? Has the "Leon" audio been fixed?

Thanks. :emoji_thumbsup:

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I'm so confused now...was the lack of bass on the "super bit" only referring to Leon or to both that and the Fifth Element SB???

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor

Only the old "LEON" Superbit version had the audio issues NOT "THE FIFTH ELEMENT".

However, I would love to know if the audio problem on the original superbit of "LEON" was replicated on this Deluxe version? And also how the audio and video of "The Fifth Element" compares to the older superbit release.

Any help please?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks