What's new

The Fastlane... what happened to it? (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Can anyone tell me what happened to The Fastlane on Fox? It disappeared at the end of spring and I've heard no word on it coming back this fall. As cheesy at it was, the show reminded me of Miami Vice and was very fun to watch.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Cancelled (expensive, and neither produced in-house or pulling in big ratings). Someday, John MacNamara is going to make a show that lasts >1 year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And what really sucked was that it ended with Billie in the clutches of the female baddie of that last case, i.e. a cligghanger that we will never know what happens next (though the wandering mind leads to some salacious scenarios...)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
When I run Hollywood, writing beyond your current order will bring fines. "Fox only ordered 22 episodes, and you set up a situation that requires a 23rd. $5,000, please."

Hunter P

Screenwriter
R.I.P.

Maybe MTV will pick it up since they were repurposing the episodes. I believe they have one more hour of music videos left on that channel so they definitely have the space.;)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Nit: the name of the show is just "Fastlane", just like the name of a popular movie involving a guy currently in the news is just "Terminator" :)

MTV actually cut a bit out of the episodes when it showed them.

//Ken

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And the producer has Brisco County Junior, The Fugitive, Vengence Unlimited, Spy Game (w/the Raimis), and Profit on his resumé. If this was his first show to last more than one season, that would be insulting. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought the show reminded me more of The Fast and the Furious which I thought the show was emulating, or more so Too Fast Too Furious then emulated Fastlane. Of course, I only saw 3 episodes.:)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Personally I liked Fastlane. I loved seeing the cars, the action and the hot women. :D It was a popcorn show. I get tired of people who think that everything on TV needs to be intellectually stimulating. I like action and eye candy and Fastlane did that very well.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Cancelled?? That sucks! It was one of the shows I've really been waiting for this fall. Now we'll get more reality crap w/ half-a$$ed looking women walking around a hotel acting like beautiful goddesses.

Tim, Im with you - Im always good for a popcorn show like that with hot babes.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
It was one of the few TV shows that actually took advantage of my HT. I watched mostly for that reason.

Rob, I love your sig, I am huge SP fan - every episode on tape, no commercials.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
When I run Hollywood, writing beyond your current order will bring fines. "Fox only ordered 22 episodes, and you set up a situation that requires a 23rd. $5,000, please."
Man do I agree. I can't stand when a show I like gets cancelled in a middle of a cliffhanger like Fastlane or John Doe (thank God they resolved Lone Gunmen on X-Files). I wish they would just make a resolving episode any time they do this.

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with most everyone here. Fastlane was a great show for what it way, pure eye candy. Exotic sports cars, great looking girls, etc. It too reminded me of Fast and Furious and I thought 2 Fast and 2 Furious this Summer at the movies did indeed copy the T.V. show as well.

That makes the two of the three shows I watch on Fox gone, John Doe and Fastlane. All I care about now is 24, but watch that show get the axe for some reason too. Fox just plain sucks for any show except their dumb "reality" T.V. trash and please, if you're not a teenager and watch American Idol just don't tell anyone. Don't even get me started on that show.

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
I will miss fastlane for 1 major reason, they took Hudson liek and put her back on TV as an S&M club villianess. I am forever grateful. ;)

The show did manage to hold my interest enough to make me wonder about the outcome of the cliffhanger too. For me it was "if there is nothing else on, and I feel like watching TV" appointment TV. I would let TiVo record it, but wouldn't get around to watching it every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.