The Fast and the Furious...Problems?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul E. Fox II, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

First off, let me say that I did a search and could only find one thread addressing the problems I'm talking about here and it linked me to an invalid thread (possibly Ron's original Review prior to it being lost and reposted...).
    That being said...I have a couple of thing that are weird with this disc on my Toshiba SD3109 (I haven't tried them in the Panasonic A110 in the bedroom yet):
    First, I can't get the deleted scenes to play without the Director's Commentary and the last few won't play at all.
    Second, the counter on the DVD screws up around the 1:04:00 mark. I just keeps looping back around that time code. This doesn't seem to affect playback as I was able to watch the entire film.
    Anyone else have these particular problems? Again, I have tried a search and only came up with one thread and that one was invalid.

2. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Stunt Coordinator

Paul,

I didn't notice the counter problem on my 3109, but I definitely had the same problem with the deleted scenes. I had to watch them on my DVD-ROM to see them without commentary. And I also know of one other person who had the same problem on two different machines (but I don't know the makes or models).

You are not alone.

3. Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters Stunt Coordinator

Ditto the commentary problems. Im assuming this a disk issue, and not a DVD player issue.

4. Matthew G Hetman

Matthew G Hetman Auditioning

Ditto here also....I only got the first choice on the deleted scenes to play without the commentary.

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Paul, I have the Panny A110 also, and have had no problems with this disc.

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yes my Toshiba 6200 would only play the first deleted scene without the commentary the rest had it despite turning it off.

7. John Giddens

John Giddens Stunt Coordinator

8. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I can't play the deleted scene where all the guys are just talking in the backyard with my Apex without commentary, but I haven't had trouble with any other scenes.