What's new

"The Eye"....Excellent horror DVD (1 Viewer)

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

I also felt DARK WATER was thoroughly creepy and fascinating -- and for me, a better movie than any of the "Ring" films or "The Eye."

It's going to make for a great American horror film provided they clean up the ending, which I felt was a mess in the Japanese version.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
When I showed THE EYE to my girlfriend, who's an optometrist, she couldn't resist picking at the film's technical medical jargon, which is largely bogus, but then the old lady ghost appeared in the hospital hallway and she grabbed me real tight and barely let go for the rest of the movie. Tee-hee.

Jim Blackie

Stunt Coordinator
This is a wonderful film that will, no doubt, be ruined by a Hollywood re-write with overblown special effects and a loss of the innocense captured here. Thus is not just Sixth Sense (although, in the beginning I moaned and complained about that possibility). There are several shocks that are not the "BOO!" scares of insipid Hollywood glop of late, but a sense of realized forboding, uneasiness and fear. At several points during my watching of the film I thought it was concluding, but layers kept being added, and scenes linking scenes, with a very touching finale scene (2 finales, really, a broad finale and a personal finale).

Give it a chance. I have the HK disc and while good, it has no extras. Nonetheless, the disc is decent, it was cheap, and the sub titles actually were superior. This is a visual experience and a haunting story. Better than Ringu, MUCH better than The Ring, equal to Tale of Two Sisters, perhaps better since it is more accessable to any viewer.

IMHO

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
I agree the film isn't original, but the execution is just so good. That elevator scene is just uber-creepy, and who could forget "You're in my seat?" Angelica Lee helps. For a newbie actress, making the switch from singing, she did a pretty good job.

The DVD wasn't the best. I remember terrible dot crawl around some reds and a lot of grain.

I will reserve judgement on what Tom Cruise does with the movie. He will undoubtedly play Mun's shrink. Now, if he gets Scarlett Johannson to play Mun and David Fincher to direct, the movie will own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks