What's new

The Exorcist: The Complete Anthology (1973-2005) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Douglas R said:
I completely agree. Exorcist III is the best and one of the most scary horror films ever (pity about the final scenes though).
Better than the original Exorcist? If so, then I have to vehemently disagree with you.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Ronald Epstein said:
For the heck of it I Googled "Original House Exorcist Movie" hoping to see
the actual outdoor locations where the movie was filmed.

Came up with this interesting blog site
I saw the stairs for a few seconds as I was waiting at a light on my way to Georgetown Hospital to see about my cough last June. I wanted to film them and the house after I was done with the docs, but that area dosen't have the best parking for people who can't parallel park. What I've wondered is why there are no photos anywhere of the house while it was being filmed only screen shots from the movie, did no photographers bother taking pics of the house?

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Robert Crawford said:
Better than the original Exorcist? If so, then I have to vehemently disagree with you.
You're allowed to disagree. Yes, I think EXORCIST 3 is the best horror film ever made. Better than THE EXORCIST.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
P.S. I also prefer the writer's cut (the version you never saw), to the director's cut (theatrical version) of the original, and most people vehemently disagree with that, too.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The house and the steps are great to see, but it's worth your time to walk around and see the rest of Georgetown as well, if you're ever in the area. (Even if you don't have "Tubular Bells" on your iPod at the time.)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
JohnMor said:
The house and the steps are great to see, but it's worth your time to walk around and see the rest of Georgetown as well, if you're ever in the area. (Even if you don't have "Tubular Bells" on your iPod at the time.)
The owners of the building and house where the stairs are conected to, shold make a deal with Mike Oldfield to have Tubular Bells play from hidden speakers in the walls play through out the day.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
darkrock17 said:
The owners of the building and house where the stairs are conected to, shold make a deal with Mike Oldfield to have Tubular Bells play from hidden speakers in the walls play through out the day.
Better than that, they should put on the addition that was added for the film (just as a facade) and make it an EXORCIST museum :)

Vincent

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Vincent_P said:
Better than that, they should put on the addition that was added for the film (just as a facade) and make it an EXORCIST museum :)

Vincent
I'd be all in for that, but the parking on that street would be a problem.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ahh, cool. Thanks Andrew.
So, the stairs isn't next to the house.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Ronald Epstein said:
Ahh, cool. Thanks Andrew.
So, the stairs isn't next to the house.
The house is on the left side if your coming from 36th St. and on the right when on Prospect, the house however dosen't go all the way to back to 36th, as their are other houses built up there. I think the stairs use to be larger, but they look like they've been moved back a bit since 1973.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
The stairs ARE next to the house, just not as close as they appear in the film. That's why they built the facade on the real house, so that Regan's bedroom would appear closer to the stairs.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
darkrock17 said:
The house is on the left side if your coming from 36th St. and on the right when on Prospect, the house however dosen't go all the way to back to 36th, as their are other houses built up there. I think the stairs use to be larger, but they look like they've been moved back a bit since 1973.
The house and stairs are exactly where they were in 1973. Nothing was moved. The stairs take you to M Street, at the bottom. There is even still a gas station at the bottom, just like in the movie.

Attachments

• 36th&Prospect.png
    36th&Prospect.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 62

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
John Maher_289910 said:
The stairs ARE next to the house, just not as close as they appear in the film. That's why they built the facade on the real house, so that Regan's bedroom would appear closer to the stairs.
Yup, in the movie her room over looked about right here where the red star is.

Exorcist stairs.png

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
EXORCIST II probably represents the biggest drop in quality between a movie and its immediate sequel in film history, but for some reason I've always been fascinated by it. I doubt it would happen, but if they were to include both the 110- and 117-minute cuts, I might actually buy the single release of that one.

Haven't seen EXORCIST III in a long time; I remember it being a good story, but not particularly mounted that well. Maybe I should give it another chance sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks