What's new

The Existence of hometheaterforum.com... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kha:T

Agent
Is purely for the promotion of SVS subs. Am I correct?

If I'm wrong, well...That's the impression I have on this forum.

Any threads with "SVS" in the Subject line will get responses. Threads about other subwoofer brands mostly go ignored. It's either other forum members are clueless about other products - unless it's an SVS - or they don't give a damn about those products. I thought this forum was more than that when I first signed up...Apparently, it wasn't the case.

Anyway, I should be a potential SVS owner, seeing how this forum fuctions and is run. But I won't ever consider one. Of course, I do have reasons why I won't buy an SVS sub, but why would you care, right?

Call this thread a flamebait or what you will, I'm just giving my 2 cents. If I get banned for posting my opinions, I won't be sad and blue, either...I won't miss this "pro-SVS" forum.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
And the point of this thread is?

If you want to go to a "open" forum, try your luck on www.avtalk.com instead.

Try and put down Anthony Gallo & Velodyne products ;-) and watch your posts & account removed

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
THis isn't a pro-SVS forum. It isn't a pro-anything forum. Nobody forces us to say that we like SVS subs, or that they are great. We go from experience. And quite frnakly, you'd be hard pressed to find a better sub for the money.

Sure, there are better subs than the SVS subs, and many of them can blow an SVS out of the water, but you'll be paying way more for the performance. And almost everyone that talks about their SVS sub on this forum will admit that.

Simply put, SVS subs are well built, realiable, and cost efficient subs for the serious home theater enthusiast, that's why they get so much praise here.

'nuf said

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
SVS gets alot of discussion here partly because they're a forum sponsor, but mainly because they are an incredible value. People with similar gear like to talk about it, and people who are happy with their gear like to recommend it to others. There's nothing wrong with that. There's definitely still plenty of discussion about other brands. I've never once seen a thread completely dismissing a competent product in blind recommendation of SVS instead (except maybe concerning bose or the like). Brand loyalty says alot about the quality and value of a product.

You'll also see alot of threads on here along the lines of "Guess what, I got an SVS" or "I can't wait for my new SVS to get here". While alot of forums don't allow this kind of thread, the HTF does and they get alot of posts of congratulation and others inquiring about the new buyer's other gear and what not. I usually don't read these threads and you don't have to either. Forums are for open discussion, but you don't have to read everything.

There's plenty of non-SVS discussion here. This is not the most blindly-brand-loyal board I've ever read and is pretty much well under control. You don't have to read the SVS threads and if you have solid reasons to recommend other products by all means do so. Even if you have solid reasons to recommend against SVS, then don't hold back. But a large and vocal fan-base is not a solid reason.

This from a non-SVS owner...

Kha:T

Agent
JohnSmith,

The point of my post? Well, I did say that I was just giving my 2 cents, didn't I?

Please remember, I didn't put down SVS subs, nor did I try to. I didn't say one bad word about 'em. I bet they're EXCELLENT subs for the PRICE, and more. And I still won't own one...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

No, but you did offer some pretty harsh criticisms of both HTF, its membership and its administration, based solely on discussions in only one of the nearly 40 forum areas we have here (and you've even posted in some of them).

If you have opinions on a certain make or model of equipment, please feel free to share them. If you don't like HTF and prefer to go elsewhere, you're free to do so. If you have questions about how HTF operates, please contact one of the staff by email or private message. But threads like this serve no constructive purpose, and this one is now closed.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks