What's new

The Eternal Buffytastic™ Thread Part IV (1 Viewer)

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
It sounds like the con was a good show this year. I missed it but have been getting my buffy itch scratched with the new Buffy game.
The game is fun so far, and one thing I like is that as you progress through the game and find secrets you unlock interviews and other tidbits. I am dying to unlock the outtakes reel and a few of the voice acting sessions as they have peaked my interest.
The Willow voice actress trys to do the "cute/whiney" Willow voice thing but doesn't quite pull it off. The other voices are all really good, I even like the person they got to do SMG this time. I don't love the willow voice, but I don't HATE it either. It feels like someone trying to do a willow voice, which is better than not trying at all. :)
The graphics are pretty good too, I like the new vampire graphics. The atmosphere is definately there, you start out the game in the magic box getting attacked by vamps. It was a good introduction to the game and felt like something that would happen in the buffy-verse.
The multiplayer modes are interesting, I am not quite ready to call them "fun", but they are definately interesting. I think I would need to play more before I can develope an accurate opinion on the various multiplayer options. I gave them a cursory glance before I knew how to play and they seemed a little clunky and hard to controll, but that could easily be my early lack of skill and not the game. In any event I bought the game for the "lost episode" story side of things anyway.
If there is anything anyone wants to know about the game just let me know and I will be happy to try and answer.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
When Spike accuses Angel of wearing lifts, I hear it's the pot and the kettle ;)
The concert was a mixed bag, the energy was good, but the songs were all that great, and the music wasn't to my taste (punkish rock). Also, it was a bit too loud (like most concerts are), so I did stuff from napkins in my ears to ward of any ringing in my ears, which it did. Marsters was screaming the lyrics in many of the songs that I heard (around 6) before I left to check out the rest of the areas for costumed attendees who were all in good number as usual.
The question is: Did he do "Rest in Peace"? :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No, he only did his band's material.

This is the frikkin' absolute truth:

During James Marsters' panel on Sunday, early in the Q&A, a girl screams out "Take off your shirt!" and James respondes with a "F-No!" to the squeals of Spike fangirls in the big room. Then James asked who was the girl who wanted him to take his shirt off, the girl raises her hand, and James invites her to come on stage with him. The audience's attention is totally ratcheted up with this sudden development.

Once on stage, the anticipation mounts as you know what James is going to do, he ask for quid pro quo and asks the girl to take off her shirt for him at his behest. Amazingly enough, the girl spends nary a second ripping off her black spandex-like top, proudly revealing a black sports bra underneath. The crowd is going wild as the girl isn't backing down at all under James' playful gaze.

James applies one more final nudge, along the lines, of "well, take that off, too." and to the utter shock of James and the audience, the girl takes off the bra and stands before James on stage (in front of a huge audience) topless and not just for a second, but roughly 30-60 seconds while the place just erupts because the girl called James' bluff and if this were No Limit Texas Holdem, she basically pushed all her chips in on this hand. James, unfortunately for the girl, folded and sent her back to the audience and did not take off his shirt for her. The security guy did pull the girl over and gave her a hard time with that display of toplessness in front of the big Dragon Con crowd before letting her go back to her seat.

I tell you what, I thought I'd seen everything possible at Dragon Con, but today, that was one for the books. Spike's fangirls are committed in their affinity for the guy.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, it was innappropriate for the girl to ask him to do that, and Marsters renegged for one good reason, and as a convention organizer I can tell you. If he did it once, he'd be doing it EVERY TIME. At EVERY CON from now to eternity

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
First mention of the Scooby Gang was What's My Line part 1. Frankly, I like Spike, mainly because of how well he's always managed to walk the line between cool and pathetic. One minute, he's cool. The next, he's trying to impress peopel with how cool he is, which is about the least cool thing you can do. His whiny need for constant validation from everyone around him is very endearing, IMHO.

Oh, and James looks taller on tv because he's mostly next to the tiny Sarah Michelle Gellar. He doesn't seem that way when paired with Nicholas Brendon or Marc Blucas.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The whole "Take off your shirt" thing is more of a joke among the Spike fangirl crowd (they did it to him in the first panel on Friday as well), it's just fun to say to set the mood (as no one really thinks he'll do it, but it's fun to tease him about it), only this time, the girl just went a little overboard...

The anecdote is really just to explain how the fans have been able to keep Spike on the show for the past 6 years, and what some of them are willing to do for the guy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At the Buffy panel at Dragon Con today (final day, whew!):

(Some of the Angel-related info below was also posted in the Angelriffic thread)

James Marsters is signed for 2 season on Angel, and Jame (Clem) Cleery's thoughts were "Hmm...I might get some work as Clem on the show in the next 2 years." Then it was Marsters who hope that Angel goes on and does more seasons than Buffy, hopefully 10 seasons, and this caused Andy Hallett to bemoan his fate to 6 more years of green make-up, much to the crowd's amusement.

Later, someone asked if Marsters would be singing on the show for Lorne to read Spike, and Marsters wasn't keen on the idea, and opined that maybe in the 14th season, where all the good storylines had been exhausted, then maybe Spike would be singing for Lorne, and this caused Hallett even more exasperation at the thought of wearing the green make-up for 10 more years. It was all very funny stuff.

Danny (Jonathan Strong) and James Cleery were very funny and quick witted as hell. Danny's planning on running the New Orleans marathon this fall, and raising money for AIDS prevention/research (he collected over $500 at the convention as well just in the tip jar at his table). Danny wants to pursue writing more. James Cleery has a film out that he did called "Stuntc*cks" which is supposedly funny, but I haven't seen the film.

Marsters gave Hallett a hard time for buying himself a Viper (when supposedly Marsters is driving a Honda/Accord - don't know if that's true or not), but Hallett said that he needed to be good to himself on ocassion because he has to subject himself to all that green make-up while playing Lorne on Angel.

Iyari Limon was a bit more laid back, but she's done something that Marsters has never done yet: Para-glided/para-sailed (for her birthday) recently. The only other thing that she has filmed is a guest appearance on the first episode of the Drew Carey for this upcoming season (she plays a stripper, IIRC). Otherwise, she's just waiting for offers, etc.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I finally got around to watching the original pilot that's been sitting on my hard drive for years. It's amazing how much the fight scenes suck without music. Lousy dusting effects, too. And who was that awful Willow?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
;) Bizarro Willow is awesome. If you watch the unaired pilot you'll notice that they yell "cut" at which point she raises a chocolate bar to her mouth.
j/k ;)
My friend Mary and I always joke about that.
Buffy - Hi, I'm buffy.
Willow - I know...I'm Willow (CRUNCH!!!)
Buffy pulls her hand away quickly as Willow devouers her own wrist.
Honestly, if we'd never had Alyson in the role, I'm sure she would have worked (the character simply wouldn't have been as memorable, more throwaway).
Imagine her kissing Seth Green... or Amber Benson... or any character....
**shudders**

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of the unaried pilot "The Case of the Missing DVD Extra" has been solved
From http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/42...html?fromint=1
IGNFF: Is the presentation ever going to make it to DVD?
WHEDON: Not while there is strength in these bones.
IGNFF: Well, I mean, it's one of the most heavily bootlegged things on the Internet...
WHEDON: Yeah. It sucks on ass.
IGNFF: Yeah, it does, but it's sort of that archival, historical perspective...
WHEDON: Yeah, I've got your historical perspective ...
IGNFF: It would take it off the bootleg market...
WHEDON: Ah, I don't – what are you going to do?
IGNFF: Put it on the DVD.
WHEDON: Not me.
And so it was written, and so it shall be, no matter how much we pout (Maybe if we could get Best Brains to MSTie it........ :) )

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Hey Buffy fans... I've been dipping into the realm of custom DVD covers, and I noticed a request on DVD Cover Art for a keepcase-size "Once More With Feeling" Emmy DVD cover. I was wondering if any of you folks had the disc and might provide a high resolution scan (300-600 dpi) of the back of the original square jacket with all the "for your consideration" categories?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I caught the syndicated version of Once More with Feeling and I was shocked at the hack job! I never bothered to watch it because I have the original airing on tape.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't have the link, but here's a news story about Alyson Hannigan inking a TV deal for a show in 2004 on NBC:

Sun Oct 12, 8:34 PM ET

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" co-star Alyson Hannigan is returning to the small screen.

The actress, also of "American Pie" fame, has inked a talent deal with NBC to star in a comedy project for the network targeted for fall 2004.

"She has such a natural effervescence, she brought into 'Buffy' a real sense of humor to the role of Willow, and between that and the 'American Pie' movies, where she's so winning, we really think that this is the right time for her to try a half-hour comedy," NBC executive vp casting Marc Hirschfeld said.

Hannigan, who is meeting with writers and reading scripts, played Willow Rosenberg, the best friend of Buffy Summers (Sarah Michelle Gellar), on Joss Whedon's cult series. On the big screen, she most recently reprised her role as the nerdy band camp lover Michelle Flaherty in "American Wedding."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks