The Eternal Angelriffic Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jeff Kleist, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

2. Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward Second Unit

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

The WB doesn't have a news department.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

No, but their part-owner, AOL Time Warner, does have CNN. Supposedly WB will be simulcasting CNN coverage if necessary. Interestingly enough, CBS News is gong to be producing "UPN-branded" coverage which UPN stations will have the option of running - not sure whether it's just the CBS feed with a UPN bug or a seperate production altogether - even though UPN intends to continue with their regular schedule.

5. KerryK

KerryK Stunt Coordinator

Just to let you guys know for sure, it did air in Canada tonight (Tuesday) and it was AWESOME!

6. Dan Paolozza

Dan Paolozza Stunt Coordinator

I did enjoy tonight's episode - in fact, it was another fantastic installment. Not without problems, but very good nonetheless. For the hyper-sensitive, I've spoilerized my comments...which do not reveal the conclusion of plot events, or anything that most people don't already know, but do make reference to the outcome of some events in the previous episode.

I think Willow's crossover highlighted (yet again) the difference between Angel and Buffy these past couple seasons. Willow shows up on Angel, somewhat confident, powerful, useful, proactive, and thereby respectable. She's the "same old Willow," grown up a bit and powerful - much like in pre-regression Buffy Season 5. And I'm not letting all the "coolness" of seeing Willow interact with Angel castmembers cloud my judgement.

I sure got a charge out of seeing her go rounds with Cordy/Beast's Master. If that scene were written into Buffy this year, Willow would have backed off mid-way, started crying or whimpering about how she can't handle it, the spell would have gone awry, and something dumb-ass or counterproductive would have resulted.

Meanwhile, even on this current season of Buffy, Willow is a shadow of what she was in Season 5, and what self-doubting and awkwardness the writers have tried to force [back] into her character isn't cute or charming anymore - it comes off as pathetic. It's like the vapor trails of the bad writing ME did with her character last year.

Pop over to Angel, though, and see what Willow should be like. Or at least, what a presence she can be.

What gives between these two shows? I can't say - but I sure am glad one of them is keeping me well entertained.

And it may not last - but I sure liked seeing some "light" shine from Faith. We've watched her take the spiraling road downward, and in the final act we got to see her take, at least a step or two, upward.

Good show tonight.

7. James T

James T Screenwriter

I thought it was a good show. It kinda reminded me of Superman III(in a good way).

8. Jeff Kleist

Tonight's Angel narrowly avoids the return of one of the most horrible events ever in the history of the show

he almost starts singing "Mandy" again

This episode oozes with Jossian perfection, and pretty much everything has been covered, so LINES OF THE NIGHT!

"So, how you been?" "Higher being. You?" "Ultimate Evil, but I got better"
    -----------------------------
    WILLOW: OK, now all I gotta do is contact the spirit world, harness the Delothrian ebb, focus is through my little Marble of Doom here, and we'll restore the Wo Pings of Tropic Equillibrium(????)

GUNN: Jar go smash?

WILLOW: Smasho-crash
    --------------------------------
    ANGEL:"Even with a soul, I've done things I've wished a thousand times I could take back"
    ANGELUS: "LIKE ALL THOSE MANILOW CONCERTS!"

9. James T

James T Screenwriter

Jeff, you forgot to add the "I'm seeing someone" quote. I was laughing for a bit after that one.

10. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

What is the name of the actress who played "Lila" on Angel?Please forgive me if I spelled her name wrong.

11. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Stephanie Romanov

Now, you know what would have been really fun for tonight's episode? If they could contrive some way to get Jewel Staite into the episode as well. [​IMG]

12. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

Now is it just me, or was the donut shop scene straight out of Boogie Nights?

13. Dave Dahl

Dave Dahl Stunt Coordinator

The war coverage has blocked out the last 8 minutes of Angel. What happened at the end? My wife and I are dying to know.

-Dave

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Umm...lessee, the last segment:

Willow's super ball seeks out the jar, which is in Cordy's room. Cordy holds it at bay, but then Connor bangs on the door, distracting Cordy, and the super ball does its thing and then Angel's soul is on the comeback trail.

Meanwhile, in Faith's mind, she's in a back alley, and it's her curtain call, and Angelus is there is see her take a hike. Nearby, Angel is woofing down some rat blood, but then comes to help Faith fight her internal fight to stay alive, and bodies are thrown all over the back alley, finally Faith recovers and she awakens and runs out of the room. And then Angel's soul is shown to find both Angelus and Angel in the back alley, they merge together and Angel is back in control.

During which, Connor is told by Cordy that he needs to kill Angelus, so he tiptoes downstairs, knocks out Gunn and gets into the cell. Just has Connor is about to stake Angel, Faith stops him, and kicks the crap out of Connor until Angel grabs him and tells them that he, Angel, is back.

Later, Faith and Angel joke around a bit as she is saying her goodbye. Faith is rather bubbly in this scene. They come inside and Faith says goodbye to Gunn and Connor, and Gunn laments that he wasn't awake to see Faith kick Connor's ass. Faith has the normal awkward goodbye with Wes. Fred and Willow show up and Fred is just basically hitting on Willow, giving her some books, and just yapping away. Finally Willow tells Fred that she's seeing someone, and that shuts up Fred. Willow and Faith leave.

Angel starts to give his usual pep talk about what's happened, and Cordy walks down the stairs, and shows them that she's really really preggers. Flash to credits.

Anyhow, so is Fred bi or going les? I remember mentioning this a while back as speculation, but it was quite funny to see her hit on Willow, to Wes's consternation.

15. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Hey, quit throwing cold water on my rambling speculations!
    [​IMG]

17. Jeff Kleist

That's how I took it as well. Buffy doesn't need more gay characters, otherwise it gets really forced. Andrew is still in personal denial [​IMG]

18. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Mother FUC*****!

What the freaking hell is wrong with the WB!!??

Not 5 freaking minutes is left in the god-dammn show and they break away to "BREAKING NEWS". What crap! Are we at full-scale war and is there footage of live battle and firefights right now? No, we tried to bomb Sadam. Big freaking deal. Everyone knew this would happen for the last 2 days. Breaking new my arse!. The WB has nothing but "talking head" interviews which is absolutely UNnewsworthy that could EASILY have waited 5 minutes to report until the 10pm news! I WATCH SHOWS LIKE ANGEL SO I CAN ESCAPE FROM THE REAL WORLD CRAP THAT WE SEE ON THE 10PM NEWS!!!

So is missed this:

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Oh, Faith's kicking of Connor's ass was mightily fun to watch. [​IMG] Say it with me: "Ragdoll."

20. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Well, I missed the whole thing. Since we don't have a WB affiliate, WB programs are timeshifted on the FOX channel. "Angel" is supposed to be on at 10 p.m. Instead they were broadcasting the FOX News Channel feed. IF I WANTED TO WATCH FOX NEWS CHANNEL, I WOULD TURN TO THE FOX NEWS CHANNEL! [​IMG]