What's new

The Eternal Angelriffic Thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
At first I thought I had been dreaming and it wasnt cancelled and the premiere was tonight after Smallville but what do we get? The Mountain and how many times did they advertise it, about a gazillion times.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The hatred everyone feels towards WB ought to be directed towards the fans who fell by the wayside and quit watching the show.

Time to let this go and move on.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Yep,

The article makes sense. The ratings for The Mountain are a disaster. The WB is probably feeling they made the wrong choice by now.

Bring Angel back? Well, with what seems like the majority of the cast will be missing, I dont see a point.

Ok. Lets see.

Wes and Cordelia are dead. Charisma wouldnt want to return anyways. Gunn is also dead.

Angel (D.B.) is moving on and really has no interest to return at this time. Amy Acker is trying to go mainstream and doesnt have time.

There is no one left except Spike who will be available when The Mountain gets cancelled.

Personally, I dont know if I would be tuning in for a Spike show every week with a whole new cast.

Re-casting Angel??? D.B. is no great actor, but that idea sucks.

Maybe they should just leave it be.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
All this "WB got what was coming to them" attitude assumes that Angel would have been more productive than the alternatives. Aside from Whedon likely being busy with Serenity, Boreanaz was likely due for a raise after five years, it was a niche show where WB wasn't seeing any of the ancillary money, and for the past year the fanbase did nothing but bitch about the direction of the show until time came to bitch about its cancellation.

Truth be told, WB probably could use a little more action/adventure and a little less serial drama on their schedule this year, but I don't know that it made sense to try to get it from Angel.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
quote:and for the past year the fanbase did nothing but bitch about the direction of the show until time came to bitch about its cancellation.

The irony is that the show really picked up once the cancellation came down (and a tad before that). I think even the most ardent detractors of season five found a lot to appreciate with the final 12 episodes.

Agreed, Jason. Hind-sight is 20/20, and the decision to cancel Angel looks stupd now, but who really knows how Angel would have done in a 6th season. I do think that if Drew Goddard and Steve DeKnight would have been able to design a 6th season without the constraints of a show re-boot, they would have been able to do some interesting things. Especially if the David Fury post-apocalyptic season 6 quotes are true.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't filming start in the spring of 2005 for Superman? That's plenty of time to recover from delivering her first child.

I just can't really see Amy as Lois, though. Further Superman casting discussion should go in the thread in the Movies area.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
quote:Wes and Cordelia are dead.

Crap. I definitely shouldn't have opened this thread
furious.gif

Just got started on S2. I know, my screw up. Shucks!

Ah well.

--

H

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
quote:Crap. I definitely shouldn't have opened this thread .
It's sad, I know. I had the opportunity of rewatching both Buffy and Angel from the beginning and the knowledge just makes me sad. (I just realized I posted on the same topic near top of the last page).

Actually, it's funny. I've been rereading some of the past posts in this thread while rewatching Angel and during season 4, many people were saying that the show desperately needed to kill off some of its characters. After season 5, people are saying it's too "kill happy".
biggrin.gif

I'd love to see more Angel, but at the same time I don't want to. I miss the characters but because they already ended everything up in those last two episodes, there's no point. Season six or tv movies would just be like making a sequel to a perfectly fine stand alone movie. There's no more story to tell.

James T

Screenwriter
I would have loved a season six, but at this point would pass on a new season or tv movies. At first, after the big WTF shot to end the series, I wanted to see a conclusion. But now, I don't think that it is necessary.

If they were to make more, maybe they could have a backstory where Wes knew he was going to die and did some kind of ghost spell where he would be a lot like Spike at the start of season five. And at about the same time puts a healing spell on Gunn to keep him among the living..No? Okay.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks