What's new

The Equalizer- Stalled?! (1 Viewer)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
The set and the company who released it are legit. Umbrella Entertainment is a real DVD distributor in Australia, they have been in business since 2001. They have released several well known series down under such as I Spy, The Saint, My Favorite Martian and Adam-12.
Next question: Does it play here? I'm suspicious of that PAL and NTSC format. I emailed the company about that using their website and never got an answer. Does it play here?

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
PAL and NTSC sounds a bit strange, meaning that the disc would include "both".

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
For those interested,

I recently contacted VEI to inquire about their upcoming Equalizer releases and whether they will contain any music edits. Unfortunately, they replied back that their releases will have music edits although they stated that the Steward Copeland score will be intact.

Disappointed by this news but I still plan to purchase S2 as this is one of my favourite series from the 80's. Hopefully, they have made an attempt to acquire the rights to some music not like CBS who doesn't make any atttempt at all, they just slap a disclaimer on the packaging and call it a day.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have order S1 as well as pre-order S2. I am looking forward to watching the equalizer as it has been 20+ years since I last seen the show on TV.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Equalizer fans the time has arrived!!

VEI announced yesterday that as of July 8 they have begun taking orders for The Equalizer - The Complete Collection: Limited Edition, which they will begin shipping out on August 19, 2014. The 30-disc set includes all 4 seasons of the series as well as numerous bonus content including a new featurette which contains interviews with cast members William Zabka and Keith Szarabajka. No word on whether this release will contain the original music, doubtful but I am hoping that since it is a 'limited edition' release that perhaps the music will be intact?!

They have also launched a dedicated website for their Equalier DVD releases: http://www.theequalizerdvd.com

Here is a look at the packaging for the complete series collection:

TheEqualizer_CompleteCollectionLE.jpg

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I will have to look at my budget to see if I can allocate moneys for the set. I have pre-order S2 as well as recently purchased S1 as well. I am a little upset that the complete series was released, especially the timing. If I had known the series was coming out then I would never have purchased the individual sets for both S1 and S2.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
If its going to be hacked up music-wise, then I will either stick with my off-air records from the CBS run or buy the set from England with all of the music intact.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
the late richard jordan was also in the shows last season i believe. they had robert mitchum do a two part episode while edward woodward was recovering from heart surgery. finally i noticed on imdb.com that the late michael o'hare was in a few episodes.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have order the complete set and cancelled my S2 order. If I had known the complete series was comming out then I would not have paid $40 for S1. I will add S1 with WKRP, Welcome Back Kotter, Charlies Angeles, etc that I bought the individual sets and then get punished when the complete series are released!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
So the UK release has all of the music? I have no problem importing that instead. How much does the Canadian DVD cost?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am looking forward to my complete set, especially seeing the last movie Mr Woodward made before he died. I love Mr Woodward in Callan as well as other shows!

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Having seen nothing about the release of this set other than this thread, I'm wondering if there's any tie-in between the release of this set and the upcoming (September) release of the new Equalizer movie starring Denzel Washington. Judging by the trailer, the movie seems to have nothing in common with the TV series. Why didn't they cast Liam Neeson in it? Or Colin Firth? Or, better yet, Jason Statham?
Nothing against Denzel. I just prefer him in more down-to-earth workingman's roles, e.g. UNSTOPPABLE, still my favorite film of his.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I just received my set as such I was impressed with the extras. Yes, the extras were part of the release, but it still a pleasant surprised to see a show added like the new professional. I have watched one episode as such the young professional looks like a very good series!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
My complete series came from VEI this week. I have not watched any of the equalizer episodes as I did not realize that CI5 was included as such I have focused on those episodes first as part of my viewing process.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks