What's new

The Dukes Of Hazzard (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I just finished my set... watched the whole thing... including all the extras in a little less then 3 days. I really enjoyed it and hope to see some more come out before to long... and if the stores is any indication we should see more :)

I had to go to walmart the other day myself and I noticed they were out here too.

Ed_City

Agent

That would be season 5.

The scab Dukes were there from "The New Dukes" (Sept 24, 1982) right up until "Welcome Back Bo & Luke" (Feb 25, 1983). They get royally gyped in that episode, appearing for only a few moments!

I'm personally looking forward to the release of season 7, when things went totally haywire. Sci-Fi concepts were introduced ("Robot P. Coltrane", where Roscoe gets replaced with a robot, "Strange Visitor to Hazzard", where a UFO crash lands and the Dukes must hide the alien from Boss Hogg, and "Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Duke" where Luke goes mental after drinking contaminated water), and they had run of Dodge's to crash so they started using minatures ("Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard", "Sky Bandits Over Hazzard", which features the General Lee jumping over the moon!)

Sadly season 7 and season 5 are usually left-out of syndication (akthough TNN ran them a few times).

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Well, I found the Boar's Nest (now a church) on Saturday, and I've got a picture of me driving my Civic Hybrid, now known as the General Malaise, around where the Dukes used to drive the General Lee. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to post the picture. Looks like it has to be on a website somewhere since you need an HTTP address?

ChrisRowley

Auditioning
I loved the reunion extra and the commentary, though more than one commentary would have been appreciated. I'm thankful for The Simpsons and Futurama as well as the later Stargates where every epiosde has a commentary, which really shows that the people involved loved their work and wantg to share that with the fans.

I'm here to complain, however, as Warners has with this release joined my watch-list with HORIBLE double-sided discs. I posted earlier about being burned by Universal with L&O, Northern Exposure and Battlestar Galactica, all three expensive sets with double-sided discs. This may leave FOX as the only company consistently producing quality with inserts and always single-sided dual-layer discs at a good price. Until the Dukes, I had Babylon 5 and Smallville from Warners with good boxes and inserts, as well as Friends, no inserts but good packaging and single-sided discs, that I never would expect to be burned like this. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we don't have double-sided players (and after researching I'd find it hard to believe even 2% of the market owns flipper-players) so you screwed us for playing episodes in marathon viewing or "falling asleep to the warm glow". It's one thing to get screwed by Paramount and their lack of "Play All" and ability to defeat playback programming on their Cheers and Frasier sets, but at least there's no flipping.

So be warned everyone, since they don't label the package and Warner has never before subjected us to the horror of the flipper discs on television releases, these are double-sided discs, three for only 13 episodes (they get 22 episodes on six single-sided discs for Babylon 5 and Smallville which are in anamorphic widescreen and Babylon in 5.1) so please, Season 2 on single-sides with more commentaries.

Chris Rowley

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Hey Brent... you can email those pics to me if you like... I'll post 'em for ya.

:laugh: :laugh:

General Malaise indeed. :D

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
As much as I love Dukes of Hazzard, I would not have purchased this if it wasn't on double sided disc because of the price of future seasons as they went on.

Next season would be 22 episodes and that would be EIGHT single side discs which would price Dukes of Hazzard as a $50 a season box set retail.

Can't you get up out of your chair every three hours and flip the disc over? ;->

Paul

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thats what i get for not carefully reading the entire thread, lol !I feel so stupid.:D Thanks for clearing that up for me Greg.Youre right though,too many Tonys to keep track of.;)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
As long as they're packaged correctly (ie not touching each other) I have no problem with double sided discs. I take care of my DVDs when handling them and have never had any problem with any disc, single or double sided.

Surely, we as a society haven't gotten so lazy as to not be able to get up and flip a disc?? If this was a single sided disc, you'd still have to get up and change it if you didn't have a multi disc player (which most people likely don't have).

Steve

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
I Live in Northern Ireland and I imported the dukes of hazzard. It arrived in perfect condition all the way from the US of A :)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Too many Tonys!

:laugh:

Okay gang... Brent sent me his pics. Fun stuff!

Brent, I lowered the size of your pics to make 'em more on-line friendly. I'll put a link to the higher-resolution ones you sent..

Here they are!

Hi-res version

Hi-res version

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Tony, thanks for sharing.:) :emoji_thumbsup: Ryan, i ordered my copy today through a dvd dealer here in Greece that handles usa region 1 imports, so im curious how long did it take to reach Ireland ?:)

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Thanks, Tony (Whalen)! Why don't you change the spelling to Waylon, at least temporarily, to commemorate the Dukes on DVD?

Believe me, it wasn't easy to get "The General" to break those tires loose!:D

Next, I'm going to try some creek jumping with The General Malaise! And by creek, I mean a puddle...and by jumping, I mean driving through the puddle.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm still waiting to see the paint job. ;)

I think I'll pass on changing the spelling of my name though. I mean, I'd have to sign up for a new HTF account and everything. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks