What's new

The Dreams of a DVD Addict (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I had the most messed up dream last night...
...I dreamnt that I went back in time to 1998 and I was in a huge shopping mall (Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale to be exact, the biggest outlet mall in the world) and my goal... gee, is it to score a GameCube, score some chicks?
No. The whole point of me going back in time was to score 'Spinal Tap: The Criterion Collection'
What the hell?
biggrin.gif

------------------

bebop.jpg

Get Sea Lab 2021 on DVD!
My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba da ba Bebop Cola...yeah" -Sealab 2021

Julie K

Screenwriter
laugh.gif

------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I had a dream just the other night that I had the E.T. DVD and it did in fact contain the original theatrical cut.
Too bad I didn't get to watch it before waking up.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
[Edited last by Rain on November 17, 2001 at 02:32 PM]

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Funny, we were just talking about Jeff Ulmer in another thread. I actually posted here about a dream I had about a month before the Zardoz street date. In it, I somehow managed to cajole Jeff into forking over his check-disc copy of the DVD that Fox's Peter Staddon sent to him. When I opened the case, however, the disc was smudged and scratched and unplayable. That was the dream.
The resulting thread got kind of big--with Peter Staddon chiming in that, upon reading the thread, he had been tempted to send me an artproof copy of the Zardoz disc; the mock disc was put together by the Fox art department, so Peter could approve the label artwork. The shiny business side of the disc, on the other hand, was unencoded--a blank. Peter mentioned that he held off on doing this at the last moment. Jeff jumped in, smiley-face icons galore, gleefully pointing out how "positively cruel" Peter's idea was.
They enjoyed my suffering.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

[Edited last by Jack Briggs on November 17, 2001 at 02:36 PM]

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
I used to have a dream, back in the laserdisc days, of finding a huge laserdisc store in my town with all the titles selling for like 9.99.
At the time I lived in Augusta, Ga and there were NO stores like that. Only two places sold Laserdiscs in Augusta, Camelot Music and Suncoast Video and they both had seriously pitiful selections. I had to order all my discs online. There weren't even any video stores that rented them.
I had that dream many times. I'd be out driving and find this imaginary laserdisc warehouse type store. God it was a great dream. :)
------------------
200 and 40 dollars worth'a puddin'
My DVDs
--'What', then 'ever', immediately followed by 'dude'--

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've never have dreams about dvd, damn women get in the way! :) But I would like to have a dream that I go FOREWARD in time, so I can get the entire 'Star Wars' SERIES, 'Indiana Jones' trilogy, 'Back to the Future' trilogy, and 'Titanic' First Class Edition on dvd, and bring them back to the present!
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!
[Edited last by John Williamson on November 17, 2001 at 04:30 PM]

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I actually had a dream where I had somehow acquired the Back to the future 5 disc?? Boxset.
I was ecstatic that there were 2 more movies in the series!
Then.. I went to play them and they didn't fit in the DVD player(just a tad too big, and the tray wouldn't close). Now thats messed up!
------------------
Sean
"Self Realization....I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You know what pisses me off about dreams sometimes, it's when your having a dream where you aquire alot of money, and it's absolutly real to you, your totally convinced that it's reality, and then...
YOU WAKE UP!, and realize your still poor!
furious.gif

------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I have those dreams too John, and yes I am usually depressed the whole day.
Sometimes they seem so real, you just want to cry when you wake up
frown.gif

------------------
Sean
"Self Realization....I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
yeah, same here john... i remember my dad bought a new TV or receiver.. it hink it was a new TV...
I woke up, and thought 'did dad buy a new TV?' nope.. DAMMIT!
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks