What's new

THE DONNA REED SHOW: SEASON 5 (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Kasey said:
Wow, I thought they were done after Season 5. Great to hear we may be getting the Bob Crane episodes after all. I guess Sony is starting to realize that licensing out their older material is better than letting it rot in the vaults. I am just surprised they are partnering with MPI as so far they have only licensed to Shout Factory.
I think that this particular show may be owned by the Donna Reed estate.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Kasey said:
True, the Reed/Owen estate owns Seasons 1-5 but Sony still owns Seasons 6, 7 and 8.
This is true, the Donna Reed Estate owns the first five seasons, but Sony Entertainment owns the last three seasons...6-8. But, maybe because of the demand for Seasons 4 & 5 (which had the songs) and the show itself, Sony is agreeing to let MPI put out the last seasons. Unless Sony itself plans to put them out (which I doubt) then what else is the studio going to do with them? Why not make some $ off of them if possible. ;) Whatever the case, I'm just elated that the last 3 seasons are even being considered and/or planned on! :)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Mary Owen had told me today that MPI is in the initial talks with Sony. She said, until a contract with Sony has been negotiated and signed, she won't believe anything about Seasons 6-8. And said, that for MPI to talk about a release time is highly premature. And she was referring here to my email from customer service. Even though Mary had said this, she is guardedly optimistic about this matter of MPI releasing 'Season 6' of her Mom's Television Show.

I do know without a doubt, that Mary wants these remaining seasons of her Mom's show to be released as much as we all do! She told me when she starts jumping for joy, that I will be one of the first people to know. She doesn't believe in getting people's hopes up until there's something more substantial in place.

So I will be praying for now on that MPI and Sony Pictures will strike a successful deal, or my name will be mud! LOL.. I was just trying to communicate with everyone here what MPI Customer Service had told me in regards to the release of 'Season 6' which had made me very excited and happy!

Mary did thank me for sharing this news with her.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Let's hope this pans out. MPI did a great job on Seasons 4 and 5 and I just hope that Sony doesn't get greedy and ask too much money--especially for a product they have no plans of releasing themselves or even remastering for TV broadcast. These episodes are doing them no good just laying around collecting dust. Fingers crossed.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Greg2356 said:
Mary Owen had told me today that MPI is in the initial talks with Sony. She said, until a contract with Sony has been negotiated and signed, she won't believe anything about Seasons 6-8. And said, that for MPI to talk about a release time is highly premature. And she was referring here to my email from customer service. Even though Mary had said this, she is guardedly optimistic about this matter of MPI releasing 'Season 6' of her Mom's Television Show.

I do know without a doubt, that Mary wants these remaining seasons of her Mom's show to be released as much as we all do! She told me when she starts jumping for joy, that I will be one of the first people to know. She doesn't believe in getting people's hopes up until there's something more substantial in place.

So I will be praying for now on that MPI and Sony Pictures will strike a successful deal, or my name will be mud! I was just trying to communicate with everyone here what MPI Customer Service had told me in regards to the release of 'Season 6' which had made me very excited and happy!

Nope... you were just passing along what you were told. For that I'm grateful and optimistic a release *will* be forthcoming! Sony has seemingly been more willing than other studios (cough *Fox* cough) to license older and/or stalled TV product so there's hope. Even if talks with MPI fall through it may make Sony aware of the demand and they'll either do it themselves or license it to Shout! As long as it doesn't wind up on MOD I'll be happy but would really like to see things work out with MPI as they've done a very good job so far.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Greg2356 said:

So I will be praying for now on that MPI and Sony Pictures will strike a successful deal, or my name will be mud! I was just trying to communicate with everyone here what MPI Customer Service had told me in regards to the release of 'Season 6' which had made me very excited and happy!

BobO'Link said:
Nope... you were just passing along what you were told. For that I'm grateful and optimistic a release *will* be forthcoming! Sony has seemingly been more willing than other studios (cough *Fox* cough) to license older and/or stalled TV product so there's hope. Even if talks with MPI fall through it may make Sony aware of the demand and they'll either do it themselves or license it to Shout! As long as it doesn't wind up on MOD I'll be happy but would really like to see things work out with MPI as they've done a very good job so far.

Mark,

Mary may be right in thinking it premature to get our hopes up...and I'm by no means counting my chicks before they hatch, so-to-speak,...but I agree with BobO'Link...you were just passing along what MPI stated regarding a Season 6 release. It's not like you said it's definitely going to happen...MPI just stated that a future release is in the works and at some point will probably happen. ;)

I truly hope an agreement between Sony and MPI can be reached for a DVD release for Season 6, and will ultimately open the door for a Season 7 & 8 release later on! Sony has been somewhat of a "stickler" for releasing some of their older shows in the past (it took forever and a day to get the remaining season/s of "Charlie's Angels" out)...but in the last couple years they have appeared to be better with that, and have been returning to some shows they dropped in the past. Let's all hope and pray that they will agree to let MPI handle it--which they might be willing to do if they aren't the ones directly doing it. :)

I won't hold my breath or anthing...but I'm learning to try and be a little more optomistic with things. Recently I was in a car accident, as a girl ran a red light and slammed into me...basically obliterating my red 1996 Camaro Z28 w/T-tops--which was in mint condition. :( Although it hurts like you know what to lose the Camaro...by all accounts I should be dead. But, God obviously has other plans for me, as I survived. I have broken ribs, but other than that I'm okay, and I'm slowly healing. So, even though Camaros are cool :cool: , and new DVD releases for shows I love are exciting :thumbsup: ...there are much more important things in life. I'm just glad to still be here to learn that there's even just a possibility for a Season 6 release. :D

So, Mark, please still keep us informed of what MPI says regarding a Season 6 release! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
HunterMan said:
Mark,

Mary may be right in thinking it premature to get our hopes up...and I'm by no means counting my chicks before they hatch, so-to-speak,...but I agree with BobO'Link...you were just passing along what MPI stated regarding a Season 6 release. It's not like you said it's definitely going to happen...MPI just stated that a future release is in the works and at some point will probably happen. ;)

I truly hope an agreement between Sony and MPI can be reached for a DVD release for Season 6, and will ultimately open the door for a Season 7 & 8 release later on! Sony has been somewhat of a "stickler" for releasing some of their older shows in the past (it took forever and a day to get the remaining season/s of "Charlie's Angels" out)...but in the last couple years they have appeared to be better with that, and have been returning to some shows they dropped in the past. Let's all hope and pray that they will agree to let MPI handle it--which they might be willing to do if they aren't the ones directly doing it. :)

I won't hold my breath or anthing...but I'm learning to try and be a little more optomistic with things. Recently I was in a car accident, as a girl ran a red light and slammed into me...basically obliterating my red 1996 Camaro Z28 w/T-tops--which was in mint condition. :( Although it hurts like you know what to lose the Camaro...by all accounts I should be dead. But, God obviously has other plans for me, as I survived. I have broken ribs, but other than that I'm okay, and I'm slowly healing. So, even though Camaros are cool :cool: , and new DVD releases for shows I love are exciting :thumbsup: ...there are much more important things in life. I'm just glad to still be here to learn that there's even just a possibility for a Season 6 release. :D

So, Mark, please still keep us informed of what MPI says regarding a Season 6 release! :thumbs-up-smiley:
Drew, I am very sorry to hear of your accident and of course your Camaro. So glad you are still here with us!! Thank you so much for your very kind words! :thumbs-up-smiley: Yes, I will continue to let all of you know what MPI says in regards to a 'Season 6' release, that is, if I have any more communication with them in the future. :) I think, I'll probably have more communication with Mary, since she now knows I am as interested in a 'Season 6' release as she is...

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
BobO'Link said:
Thanks so much Bob for the encouraging words!! What you said makes a lot of sense about Sony being aware of the demand for "The Donna Reed Show" series. I sure do hope as you do, that MPI is successful with the Sony negotiation! I had told Shout! about two years ago, that they should be negotiating with Sony for the last three seasons of "The Donna Reed Show," but they didn't seem too interested at the time. :( Oh well, it's their loss!!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Kasey said:
Let's hope this pans out. MPI did a great job on Seasons 4 and 5 and I just hope that Sony doesn't get greedy and ask too much money--especially for a product they have no plans of releasing themselves or even remastering for TV broadcast. These episodes are doing them no good just laying around collecting dust. Fingers crossed.
This is my main concern too, Kasey!! If Sony just sees dollar signs especially with a company like MPI, it's over... I am just hoping and praying both parties can work together in a very rational manner and arrive at a fair-minded agreement!

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Greg2356 said:
Drew, I am very sorry to hear of your accident and of course your Camaro. So glad you are still here with us!! Thank you so much for your very kind words! :thumbs-up-smiley: Yes, I will continue to let all of you know what MPI says in regards to a 'Season 6' release, that is, if I have any more communication with them in the future. :) I think, I'll probably have more communication with Mary, since she now knows I am as interested in a 'Season 6' release as she is...
Thank you for your kind words, Mark, and I'm glad to still be here too. :) Yeah, there may not be a lot for MPI to tell right now, if things are just now getting in the initial starting phase...but time will tell. If Sony can at least make some $ off of those last 3 seasons, and they're not "footing" the bill directly to have it done by letting MPI do it, then I don't know why they wouldn't let MPI have them...some $ is better than none. But, I know that sometimes studios can be greedy or stubborn.

As for Shout picking up "DRS"...I don't think they would. They didn't have the first part of the show, so I doubt they'd be interested in trying to acquire the last few seasons of the show. Shout also has started some older shows and then dropped them in the past...so even though they have released some cool shows before, they haven't always made me "happy". ;) I just hope and pray Sony and MPI can come to an agreement of some kind! :D

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
HunterMan said:
Thank you for your kind words, Mark, and I'm glad to still be here too. :) Yeah, there may not be a lot for MPI to tell right now, if things are just now getting in the initial starting phase...but time will tell. If Sony can at least make some $ off of those last 3 seasons, and they're not "footing" the bill directly to have it done by letting MPI do it, then I don't know why they wouldn't let MPI have them...some $ is better than none. But, I know that sometimes studios can be greedy or stubborn.

As for Shout picking up "DRS"...I don't think they would. They didn't have the first part of the show, so I doubt they'd be interested in trying to acquire the last few seasons of the show. Shout also has started some older shows and then dropped them in the past...so even though they have released some cool shows before, they haven't always made me "happy". ;) I just hope and pray Sony and MPI can come to an agreement of some kind! :D
Drew- Praying is the best thing you can probably do right now... I know there are fans on the "We Love The Donna Reed Show" page, that have been praying for a release of 'Season 6' from MPI. Also, I am glad MPI didn't mind picking up "The Donna Reed Show" from it's Fourth Season, since they weren't involved in the releasing of the first three seasons of this great family show!!! :D

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

defit.jpg
for keeping us up to date on the show's DVD status.

This one's still one of my top 2 blind-buy shows. I'd never seen them when they aired but it's a hit for me.

It's also one of the few shows (on DVD) where I don't skip the opening intro. I usually do that when watching my DVD's for time purposes and to avoid hearing a theme repeatedly but this one never gets old for me, especially the S1 opening.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Jeff Willis said:
Greg,

defit.jpg

This one's still one of my top 2 blind-buy shows. I'd never seen them when they aired but it's a hit for me.

It's also one of the few shows (on DVD) where I don't skip the opening intro. I usually do that when watching my DVD's for time purposes and to avoid hearing a theme repeatedly but this one never gets old for me, especially the S1 opening.

You're Very Welcome, Jeff!! :) I don't know what season you are on, but when you get to the 'Fourth Season' of "The Donna Reed Show" they have some dramatic story lines included among the episodes for that particular season.

Thank you for your nice comments, Jeff, they are greatly appreciated!! :thumbs-up-smiley:

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Greg2356 said:
Drew- Praying is the best thing you can probably do right now... I know there are fans on the "We Love The Donna Reed Show" page, that have been praying for a release of 'Season 6' from MPI. Also, I am glad MPI didn't mind picking up "The Donna Reed Show" from it's Fourth Season, since they weren't involved in the releasing of the first three seasons of this great family show!!! :D
Exactly, Mark, praying is the best and probably only thing we can do right now. :) I will forever be grateful to MPI for taking over where Virgil Films left off, and getting us Seasons 4 & 5!! That was a dream come true. Now, I'm hoping they can get Sony to allow the last 3 seasons to be released. :D
Jeff Willis said:
Greg,

defit.jpg

Jeff, I too love the opening song and intro. Now, I'm a person that likes to listen to the opening for every episode of whatever show I may be going through at the time...it helps get me in the mood. But, "Donna Reed Show" is no exception...I agree, I never get tired of hearing it. :)
Rob_Ray said:
I love the season one opening. There's many an evening where I'll come home from a particularly grueling day and settle in with Donna Reed and nothing soothes me more than the hearing that music.
I agree, Rob, the "DRS" tune Happy Days is exactly that, and can turn my sour mood into smiles fairly quickly. :D

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Greg2356 said:
You're Very Welcome, Jeff!! :) I don't know what season you are on, but when you get to the 'Fourth Season' of "The Donna Reed Show" they have some dramatic story lines included among the episodes for that particular season.

Thank you for your nice comments, Jeff, they are greatly appreciated!! :thumbs-up-smiley:
kcxlpk.jpg

I just completed S2 this week. I look forward to S4. So far, this show's getting an
a4r0uq.jpg
on my report card :D

HunterMan said:
Jeff, I too love the opening song and intro. Now, I'm a person that likes to listen to the opening for every episode of whatever show I may be going through at the time...it helps get me in the mood. But, "Donna Reed Show" is no exception...I agree, I never get tired of hearing it. :)
For whatever reason, that 1st opening hits the chord for me
8zpkdw.jpg
, along with a few others in the collection.

I know what you mean about the themes. I'm certain that I'm in the minority when it comes to fast-fwd'ing thru TV intros and skipping the closing themes but there's a few that I always watch....

Combat, Time Tunnel, Rifleman, Bewitched, Mannix, Mission:Impossible, Lassie, Leave it to Beaver (final season), Father Knows Best, Mike Hammer (all versions), Danger Man (Secret Agent - U.S. opening), Bionic Woman, Wild Wild West, Dick Van Dyke Show, Merlin, to name a few..... and, a cheesy one... Love Boat :lol:

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Jeff Willis said:
For whatever reason, that 1st opening hits the chord for me
8zpkdw.jpg
, along with a few others in the collection.

I know what you mean about the themes. I'm certain that I'm in the minority when it comes to fast-fwd'ing thru TV intros and skipping the closing themes but there's a few that I always watch....

Combat, Time Tunnel, Rifleman, Bewitched, Mannix, Mission:Impossible, Lassie, Leave it to Beaver (final season), Father Knows Best, Mike Hammer (all versions), Danger Man (Secret Agent - U.S. opening), Bionic Woman, Wild Wild West, Dick Van Dyke Show, Merlin, to name a few..... and, a cheesy one... Love Boat :lol:

Yeah, cheesy or not, I usually love the show themes for whatever show I go through. Sometimes cheesy is what I'm in the mood for, and I love a few of those. :) I'm sort of a TV junkie (especially with older shows...but there are a few current ones I like). Here's a list of the shows I've collected and/or are in the process of acquiring as they are released: "Donna Reed Show", "Perry Mason", "Hawaiian Eye", "Surfside 6", "Ironside", "Charlie's Angels"-(original series), "Wonder Woman", "Six Million Dollar Man" & "Bionic Woman"-(original series), "Dallas"-(both the original and the new series), "Magnum, p.i.", "Knight Rider"-(original series), "Miami Vice", "Dukes of Hazzard", "Hart to Hart", "Scarecrow & Mrs. King", "Hunter", "Silk Stalkings", "Vega$"-(the Robert Urich series as 'Dan Tanna'), "Hawaii Five-0"-(original series...although I do watch the new one), "CSI"-(original series...although I used to watch "NY" too), and "Bones". I may have missed a show or two but I think that's all of them...so far. ;)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
The Donna Reed Show Cast Sixth Season.jpg

"The Donna Reed Show" (SEASON SIX)
Top Row: Patty (Patti) Petersen, Donna Reed, and Ann McCrea
Bottom Row: Bob Crane, and Carl Betz

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads