The Departed HD-DVD sold out?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by DeepakJR, Feb 15, 2007.

1. DeepakJR

DeepakJR Second Unit

Everywhere I seem to go, The Departed HD-DVD is sold out. Granted, I've only visited a handful of stores, but the Best Buy online inventory tells me it's sold out in all the DFW stores. Fry's, Circuit City, nor Wal-Mart seem to have it in stock. Anybody else having problems getting a hold of this HD-DVD?

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    why would you think it was sold out.
    probably either wasnt stocked or not enough copies.

my store sold out of about 20 copies by about 8 pm tuesday.

3. Norman Matthews

Norman Matthews Second Unit

I had the exact same problem for the last two days, having checked at least six different stores, but then I found one today at the Wall St. Borders (who didn't have any on Tuesday). Actually, at lunchtime, I found five. I went back to the office without buying one hoping that there'd be a Borders Rewards coupon active (there was, for 30% off, woo!) and went back to buy it when I left work. At that point, about four hours later, there were two left. So, as of an hour ago, there was one left, if anyone in the area is looking.

But yeah, I feel your pain. I'm glad I didn't cave and order it online last night like I almost did. Now I can watch it this weekend!

4. donmon

donmon Extra

They had a few copies at tha Best Buy off Hulen and Bryant Irvin in Ft Worth.

5. donmon

donmon Extra

Update:
    I just came from that BB and they had 4 on BR and 2 on HD.

Hope you get one.

6. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I ran into the same thing at the Best Buy in Weatherford (30 miles west of Ft. Worth). They only had one copy. I wasn't really planning on buying it as it was coming from Netflix the same day, but I was curious to see how they handeled new HD-DVD releases. I'm assuming they just didn't stock very many because I was there about an hour after they opened.

7. donmon

donmon Extra

I live in Weatherford and am at that store alot. They just don't seem to carry as large a selection of HD and BD movies as the other, larger stores do. Maybe they think us country folk don't really go in for all that high tech stuff like them city fellas do.[​IMG]

8. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    There were plenty of HD DVD copies yesterday at Best Buy in North Irving.

I think they restocked once they corrected the $22.99 misprice from last week.

- Steve

9. DeepakJR

DeepakJR Second Unit

Wal-Mart re-stocked a few days ago, got my copy. There was only 2 more left.